dru
    mtbr member
    Sep 2006

help with the new project's fork....

Hello peeps! I'm in the final planning stages of my new road frame and would like to order up some tubes. I've got a question that I may needed sorted first though.

My wife got me this nice Time fork for X mas and it appears to have the lower crown race already installed. I need to know what headset it fits so I can order the appropriate headtube length and diameter. It would be nice to know what model it is too.

The steerer is 1 1/8 and the area the race is pressed onto is slightly oversize as would be expected ~29.3 mm. The race itself is 32.4 at the cylindrical section. The tapered portion is a very steep angle too.

Of course you guys were the obvious choice for answers.

Thanks!!

Drew
    occasional cyclist

Old school BMXer
    That race is for an integrated type headset. Check with time to find out if it's for a 36 or 45 degree angle, and that will help you determine the headset (Campy standard is 45 degree). I think Cane Creek offers these same bearings in their conventional headsets, but I'm not quite sure.
    May the air be filled with tires!

dru
    mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Thx

Thanks, Blaster. See how much I know about road bikes! An integrated headset is not going to happen on my new frame so that crown race had to come off, which it did after many anxious minutes.

On with the tube ordering.......

Drew
    occasional cyclist

Members who have read this thread: 0