Moderator Moderator
    Jan 2004

Happy birthday Coconino!

Steve has been building bikes for 10 years as of today. Might not seem like much to some folks but IMO that is super impressive. If I were feeling snarky I'd point out that 10 years = 100 framebuilder years (yes, we're ahead of even dogs!)

Here's to 10 more of the best fillets I've ever seen from a really good guy!

-Walt
    Waltworks Custom Bicycles
    Park City, UT USA
    www.waltworks.com
    waltworks.blogspot.com

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    I love his work and he's quite popular in the VRC since his designs definitely have a certain retro flavor. Happy birthday, Steve!!!

(p.s. If Steve reads this, I think there are some frames of his in the forum.)

650b me
    I really admire Steve's work. Congrats on 10 years, Steve!

mtbr member
    Congrats, Mr. Garro! And thank you again for your guidance on my journey as well.

saddlemeat
    Congrats Steve, you've got a great company, thanks for busting your ass so mine isn't!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Happy birthday Coconino!-cocooct12.jpg  

A Useful Bear is a handy thing.

mtbr member
    Congrats Steve!!
    And thanks for the blog, taking the time to share your experience, documenting your process for the framebuilding minions to benefit from.

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    Here is one of Steve's frames. I know the owner and he loves it so much he's getting another.

Does this look OK?

mtbr member
    Congratulations on your 10th anniversary Coconino Bikes and Steve Garro.

mtbr member
    Happy birthday Coconino!-img_4733.jpgThanks allot, you guys!
    It means allot.
    Work hard & do what you say, that's all I got.
    Rock On!
    Steve Garro, Coconino Cycles.
    steve garro el jefe/el solo. coconino cycles www.coconinocycles.com www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

mtbr member
    Happy birthday Coconino!-img_4690.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by girlonbike View Post
    Here is one of Steve's frames. I know the owner and he loves it so much he's getting another.

Does this look OK?
    Yeah - it's at paint.
    - Steve Garro, Coconino Cycles.
    steve garro el jefe/el solo. coconino cycles www.coconinocycles.com www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

Harrumph
    I have to admit to partaking in a couple of hobbies that are internet enabled/encouraged. Homebrewing beer and DSLR photography being the main ones that afflict me, in addition to frame building.

I bring up the other hobbies because though there is a staggering amount of information available for each. That said there is ABSOLUTELY NOF'INGWAY that a Garro equivalent in those professions is taking the time to offer up honest advise to painfully beginner hobbyists.....for free.

Really, It's a big deal that folks like you dedicate time to this whole internet/social media fad.

Prost!

Greg
    Slowly slipping to retrogrouchyness

Nemophilist
    Hey;

Although I am attempting it myself, in a rather different realm, I can't imagine trying to earn a living from building bikes. It has to be for the craft, because it certainly can't be about getting rich. Your efforts SCREAM craft. As G inferred, you take the time here for the benefit of others. For the craft.

As a devotee of craft in many forms, I also offer...

Na Zdraví
    Most people ply the Well Trodden Path. A few seek a different way, and leave a Trail behind.
    - John Hajny, a.k.a. TrailMaker

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by G-reg View Post
    I have to admit to partaking in a couple of hobbies that are internet enabled/encouraged. Homebrewing beer and DSLR photography being the main ones that afflict me, in addition to frame building.

I bring up the other hobbies because though there is a staggering amount of information available for each. That said there is ABSOLUTELY NOF'INGWAY that a Garro equivalent in those professions is taking the time to offer up honest advise to painfully beginner hobbyists.....for free.

Really, It's a big deal that folks like you dedicate time to this whole internet/social media fad.

Prost!

Greg
    wow, thanks - I just realised the other day the Coconino blog has seven years of beta on it - quite the virtual tome.
    - Steve garro, Coconino Cycles.