mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Breeze Drop outs

Quick question for you all. I found a stripped down brazed frame and the only markings are on the derailer hanger and it says "Breezer". It has braze on bottle mounts on the down tube but not the seat tube, rear fender mounts by the BB, nothing to guide the rear/front shifter cables on the bottom of the BB, and cable guides on the left side of the top tube that you push the entire brake cabe and housing through. It's a very interesting frame.

So to get to my question, did Breezer ever sell dropouts as a separate piece or is this a true Breezer frame.

I'll try and post some picts later.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    I'm not an expert nor do I want to discredit Joe Breeze, but I believe that they are Wright Style dropouts that Joe Breeze copied and did sell.

The Wright brothers did them before Joe did.

If I'm wrong, I know someone will correct me, but that's the way I understand it to have gone down.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    The insider name for this current interation of the Wright style dropouts are called KGB's...for the collaberative effort of Koski, Guy, and Breeze.

Simply labeld as Breezer, they have been available to professional and hobbiest builders alike for well over 20 years.

Thus, there is a very unlikely probability that the frame was built by the dropouts namesake.

Rody
    As requested by the MTBR gods, I am the voice of Groovy Cycleworks, check it out... http://www.groovycycleworks.com