mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Bolt on cable guide choice

I like to use cable guides that bolt to water bottle bosses, but I'd like to find a more affordable source for them and get a bit more choice.

I'm after something like this:

Supplier Product

I can currently get a version with 3 guides in it, and these ones to give a single cable guide.

Supplier Product
    Supplier Product

I'd like a source where I can buy in the region of 25-50 at a time and ideally be able to choose from 1, 2, 3 or 4 cables. I've had a quote for 500 that is the perfect price, I just don't need that many

Any ideas?

Matt

mtbr member
    I thought I saw those for sale in an online store at one point from one of the smaller British brands??? Ragley came to mind, but it's not them.

Point is, somebody already uses them and has (well, at least *had*) extras for sale. So you might be able to find it if you look around more.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    It is Ragley, you can buy them from Chainreaction but as the OP said they are expensive. From the looks of the biketaiwan links you found the same ones Ragley uses. Why don't you buy 500 and try to sell the extras.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Ragley is where I know the guides from but I'm sure other people use them. Whydomylegshurt? is right, we currently buy from Hotlines (who own/are Ragley) but they are a bit costly. I'd thought of getting 500 and selling on but I don't know who else uses them and might be interested

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    If you need the 3 cable ones, we have them in stock here Matt, happy to sell you some. We buy them from Taiwan in 500s.

Steven

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Thanks Steven, I may be in touch. I'd really like some of the 4 ones, would you be interested in going halves on 500?

Matt

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Hey Matt,

we'd never use the 4 cable version ones so you might be on your own on that one!

I completely forgot that I supplied some of the 3 cable ones to Peter @ Ceeway so if you need any, contact him.

Steven