Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    mtbr member
    The "seat stays" are 7/8" x .035

I *think that I can feel some flex in the rear triangle, but to me it feels good. I will probably add a bridge at some point but I think it will be in front of the seat tube and not behind.

When I'm climbing with the shock locked out I feel a little bit of flex, but nothing unreasonable, in fact it's much stiffer than I expected. I'm sure there's a decent amount of flex when I'm crushing on it, but I don't really care about that on the descent.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Hey Adam any way you can fix the broken image link?

I am planning out my build and wanted to have a look at yours again for reference.

Now that you've got more time on the bike anything you would change or do different?

mtbr member
    Hey Shirk,
    Sorry about that. I updated my blog/site and accidentally deleted everything. Maybe let me know what you would like pictures of and I can take some new ones?

The things I would do differently are REALLY think about the drive train, i.e. chainline and chainring clearance. I had issues with that where I placed my pivot.

I would try to make the pivot as narrow as possible to make the chainline better and more chainline clearance. I would also try to make the pivot as wide as possible to make the rear end stiffer (see what I did there?)

That's about it really. It's a heck of a fun bike! and not nearly as hard as it looks. Good luck!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4