Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogii View Post
    I never understood the Mono seat stay. Agreed they were a fast handling bike...
    Mono stays resist the twisting and flexing forces imparted by cantilever brakes better than regular seatstays.

'Calm Down'
    Quote Originally Posted by smithcreek View Post
    Hi, can you tell me what size the HT is on this bike and what forks you are using? Thanks!
    It's a 1" headtube, don't remember the length. (But I think it's shorter then what Kirk remembers and listed above.)

The fork is a 1" Pace RC31, 420mm axle to crown. Probably the last 1" Pace made as I got it just as DT Swiss was buying them out back in 2007.

jw
    -

"And single-speeding 29ers are mountain biking's equivalent of Scientologists..." - Captain Dondo

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Kirk,

If it is so efficient, why don't more people use them. On-One is the only one that comes to mind.

Hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogii View Post
    Kirk,

If it is so efficient, why don't more people use them. On-One is the only one that comes to mind.
    And Dekerf, Sycip, Mountain Goat, Schwinn, Rock Lobster, Moots and many carbon manufacturers (and many others I'm forgetting.)

Wishbone Seat Stays

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Your right, my bad...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyOne View Post
    It's a 1" headtube, don't remember the length. (But I think it's shorter then what Kirk remembers and listed above.)

The fork is a 1" Pace RC31, 420mm axle to crown. Probably the last 1" Pace made as I got it just as DT Swiss was buying them out back in 2007.

jw
    Thanks jw. I'm looking for a fork for my privateer comp, quadra 21r finally toast and just not worth reviving. I'd like to go rigid anyway. I'll add this to the short list of forks to keep an eye out for.

mtbr member
    We had a baby blue, white and orange Bontrager come through the shop this last summer. It was all original and in great shape. He rides it a lot and takes care of it. I asked the guy if he would sell it and there was no way! Those things are just too perfect to let go.
    My motorcycle runs on infant blood

saddlemeat
    Quote Originally Posted by smithcreek View Post
    Thanks jw. I'm looking for a fork for my privateer comp, quadra 21r finally toast and just not worth reviving. I'd like to go rigid anyway. I'll add this to the short list of forks to keep an eye out for.
    Consider a Waltworks custom steel fork also, I've got two of them and they are hard to beat for smooth cush. Probably not much difference in price, just a longer wait, and the ride/fit will be tailored to you, your bike, and your riding style. Makes a great frame even greater IMO.
    Making the smack track baby.

A Useful Bear
    is a handy thing...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2