mtbr member
    Feb 2008

what shock is this???

Can anyone tell me if this is the ITD or XTD, i know the photos are crap but best I got just now, my bikes at home and i'm offshore...5 days then i'm home to ride it, but when i bought it of ebay i never asked what shock it is and the seller doesn't know!!!! I havent even seen it yet, my GF took these pics when it arrived Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Itd

looks like an ITD, meaning that the bottoming control is preset, but can be altered internally.
    The XTD can do that externally with an additional adjustment knob i cannot spot in the pictures. It it a quite big red knob on my FXR.
    Hope that helps.
    Cheers

mtbr member
    Yep, its the cheaper ITD

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    damn, was hoping it was gonna be the XTD, never mind i'll need to make do just now, is it still a good shock or is it woth my time upgrading, If its only the adjustment thats different then should be ok. I do mostly DH, but here in Scotland ints tight technical stuff, hence why I wanted the fly and not Does dhs.

mtbr member
    I have an IDT shock on my FXR. I got it because it's easier to set up. I had a 5th element shock once and I couldn't figure out what the hell all the adjustments were for. This time I wanted something simple, and it works better than any other rear shock I have tried. It's like a vacuum cleaner over the bumps. Pretty cool. So I like it because its one of those set it and forget it kind of shocks. just gotta keep putting air in it every once in a while.

mtbr member
    Id put an Avalanche shock on it. It will blow the Curnutt away.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kntr
    Id put an Avalanche shock on it. It will blow the Curnutt away.

You're not the first to tell me this in the last few days, I've checked out the site and seriously considering getting one, the reviews I've read swear by em. I'll try the ITD and see how I get on first1 and thanks for the info

mtbr member
    That rear brake line looks pretty tight.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    yeah I noticed that too, i'll have to wait until I get home and check it out, maybe need to order now hoses, may aswell go braided if i'm doing that!