mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Too fat for curnutt air.

Hello i have placed an order for a new fxr, with the 150mm rear end, i would like to get it with the curnutt air shock, but i weigh 100kilos, 16 stone in gear n pack. Am i too heavy for the air shock?
    Thanks.

Crazed Country Rebel
    Quote Originally Posted by forgotmename
    Hello i have placed an order for a new fxr, with the 150mm rear end, i would like to get it with the curnutt air shock, but i weigh 100kilos, 16 stone in gear n pack. Am i too heavy for the air shock?
    Thanks.
    I don't know about stones and kilo's, but you'd have to weight more than 400 pounds to max out that shock.

The bike has such a low leverage ratio that at 170 pounds, I only need to run between 75 and 90 PSI depending on how I want the bike to ride (plush or firm).
    Stupid, but sometimes witty. Occasionally brilliant. Slow and fat though.

Specialized sucks dong

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Hello im 220 pounds in gear. So i guess i would need to run over 100lb, and i think more than 100lb is not recommended. Any body out there weigh over 200lb and using the air shock?
    Thanks

Crazed Country Rebel
    Quote Originally Posted by forgotmename
    Hello im 220 pounds in gear. So i guess i would need to run over 100lb, and i think more than 100lb is not recommended. Any body out there weigh over 200lb and using the air shock?
    Thanks
    Exceeding 100psi in the internal floating piston (bottom out chamber) voids the warranty. You can go much higher than 100 psi in the main spring. I have 3 friends over 200 pounds riding the fxr.

Here's where you can find the manual for the shock http://foesracing.com/support.cfm

Also - the guys at Foes are very helpful. If you're concerned about your weight, call them. They can and will customize the shock for you, if you think you need something special (higher compression tune, for example).
    Stupid, but sometimes witty. Occasionally brilliant. Slow and fat though.

Specialized sucks dong

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Thanks iheart, i will call them.

gravity challenged
    May 2009
    I'm near 240 without a pack and run the air shock on an XCT-5. I use about 115 psi in the main chamber and about 75 in the secondary.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Thanks azoutside, have you ever used the xtd coil shock,and is there much difference? i have an xct with a coil and its great, i got the 350 ti spring, which seems perfect for me, i just really want to try the air shock, i have phoned them, i left a message but had no reply yet.

gravity challenged
    May 2009
    I've only had the air shock on my bike, so I can't compare against the coil version. I can say that the air shock is amazing in its ability to completely eliminate pedal bob on a single pivot frame while still providing great suspension. The bottoming control is fantastic as well.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    My RS7 was set up for my 110 kgs by Foes.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Thanks guys, i have spoken to the uk importer today and he assures me i will be fine on an air shock, so im going for it.