Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Time To Rebuild The The Foes Fxr 2:1

Here it is, my newly refreshed Foes FXR. Let me know what you think! Thanks to Mitch at Foes for the repaint, and thanks to my wife and Visa for the rest. The build goes as follows.

08 FOES FXR 2:1
    09 FOX FLOAT R
    D.T SWISS 4.2 RIMS WITH CHRIS KING HUBS
    09 AVID JUICY ULTIMATE IN WHITE
    HOPE FLOATING ROTORS
    XTR REAR DER.
    XTR FRONT DER.
    XTR CRANKS
    XTR PEDALS
    PURLEY CUSTOM BASH GUARD IN BLUE WITH RED BOLTS
    CHRIS KING HEADSET
    SYNCROS STEM
    STEVE PEAT GRIPS
    XTR REAR COG 11-34
    GOODRICH CABLES
    WTB MUTANO RAPTORS 2.4
    EASTON MONKEYLITE 2in BARS
    XTR RAPIDFIRE SHIFTERS
    PURLEY CUSTOM CHEESEY BIKER END CAPS

I think thats about it. Just doing my part for the economy.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

A Few More Pictures

I will take some critiquing on my picture taking 'cuz by the looks of it I need some help. I just purchased the camera and started screwing around with it so any advice will be taken.

Canon EOS rebel xt 18-55

Thanks for checking out the bike and hope you enjoy looking at it as much as i enjoyed building it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Wow

Thats amazing! I love the FXR. How much does it weigh with that build? And if you don't mind me asking, how much did it all cost?

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

I Was Afraid Someone Would Ask

Thanks for the compliments. It weighs right at 30lbs. I was afriad someone ask how much it cost, and once I got past 6500.00 I went and got a beer and quit counting.

mtbr member

Good job! That sir is pimptastic!

Makes my basic black look like it's dressed for a funeral. Time to swap in the Hope brakes

local trails rider
    Now, can you go and ride it, and show us a dirty bike?

mtbr member
    May 2006
    That is absolutely beautiful!!!! I just bought a 2008 Foes FXR in red. I love it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Nice FXR, i have '07 that is black, but i am having stipped this winter and powder coated white. Looks great!!

cheers

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    How did you spend over $6500 when I see $900 for the Frame and $1000 for the rest of the parts, I think someone is ripping you off at your local bike shop?

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Riiiiggghhhtt

And to think, I thought I got a great deal. Next time I'll seek you out for some advice on your bike parts buying prowess.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    When I get done building the knolly delirium t i just got it's going to be worth that... man, bikes are expensive.... oh well, better that than a stupid car!

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Seriously, you got a,

Seat Post and clamp
    Seat
    Front and Rear Derailleur

Chain

Handle Bar

Stem

Grips

Shifters

Disc Brakes

Tires

Rims

Tubes

Cranks

Peddles

Forks

Head Set

I just dont see $5000 even if the parts were Gold plated.

Unless you paid $4000 for a Bell?

I want to see a break down on the Parts.

I too own a Foes but did not pay that much for mine.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I believe him. As i said, im building a knolly delirium t. I am swapping some of the parts over, but still remember what i paid for them. I don't know what kind of deal he got, but i can make good guesses at what the high end stuff retails for:
    The top frames will be around 2500, i think the fxr with curnutt is 2600
    A nice carbon bar will run you well over 100
    nice shifters, xtr or xo around 200
    crankset (xtr) around 500
    pedals well over 100 for good ones
    nice fork, like the float 36 will run you almost 1000
    nice wheels, kings, 19s etc. will be almost 1000

so were over 5 grand and still have lots to go...

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Ok Here We Go

Thank's Bentley.

Seriosly Grey, I think everybody here knows about what I paid for each item. But I bet everybody would love to see your bike and it's components and what you paid for it and where you purchased them.

Your original post said 900.000 for the frame. If you find that frame with that shock and paint job for a 900.00, I'll take two.

You also say 1000.00 for the parts. I'll take about 30 of those parts kits for 1000.00.

Hate to say it but 1900.00 wouldn't get you a stamp on your hand and a pass though the door for the right to dance with this hottie.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    71, I did get the Frame for that much, and I did some up grading while I was at it, better forks and seat the goes up and down with a switch, Ti spring and $700 rims, Navagals and a Bell! all for $2600, keep in mind those up grades. Craigslist!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Now there is a fair comparison

First off, you did not buy a 2008 Foes Fxr for 900.00 unless it was stolen. Yes there are great deals on CL's, but at what expense. I myself would hate to think I was riding around on a bike that someone else busted thier ass to pay for only to have some scumbag thief steal it and sell it on ebay or CL's. Then again my moral standards may be higher than others.

Now let's see the pictures. I would love to see this smokin' deal of a bike that you got.

BTW, 700.00 for used "rims" versus 800.00 for CK handbuilt with DT XR's....hhhmmm...I think I'll spend the extra benny.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Pic, will be coming, get over yourself and Craigslist, come on that was a lame excuse for throwing away almost 7 g's, lets hope your Wife never reads this section or your dooomed. Mine is not a 08, its a 06.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    As a mountain biker, (supposedly...), how can you say that building a sweet bike is a waste of 6 or 7 grand?! I am in the same price range with my bike, and i think there is nothing better to spend my money on, and i'm not rich at all, im a student. It's just a matter of priorities. I would much rather have a bike worth over six grand than an expensive car. I ride about five times a week, and love every minute of it... I'm sure that his wife is fully aware of his purchase, as is mine, and understands that it's a way of life and a healthy thing, and not a waste of money! Get a clue.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Another one, ok, I love the sport as well and can have just as great of time on a $700 vs $7000.

Listen close what I am saying is I dont see 7g's in his bike.

It's not a Porshe, I mean I can count the parts on the bike on 2 hands are you trying to tell me each part is $1500?

Look we all love the sports just spend different, for that much money I can get a fishing boat and have 2 passions.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

This is getting comical.

Ok Grey a couple of things I don't quite understand. First off, what do I have to get over myself about? Because I choose to support a bike shop and buy exactley what I want and not settle or wait for a second hand part to come along or take a chance on buying something stolen. How is that a "lame excuse"? or even a excuse at all?

You say can count all the parts on two hands. Well cowboy, you must have alot of fingers.

If you don't see the point in spending 6500.00 on this bike, thats not a bad thing because the bike wasn't built for you. I built it for me and I didn't get ripped off because that is what I was willing to pay. Will LX work as well as XTR? Sure, but went a little extra because I wanted to have a bike with XTR. Something I never had before. Could I have went cheaper on the fork? Heck yes I could have, but then I wouldn't have a 09 FOX FLOAT in matching white paint. You see my point yet, these were thing that were importent to me. To each his own.

Now if can prove to me that you can build that exact same bike for 1900.00 with advertised prices. I'll nut up and let you have mine.

One more thing about the wife. Of course she knows about it. It was her azz bumping and grinding on that pole all those nights so I could afford it.

slamma
    That is the worst bike i have ever seen............
    you should give it to me
    Ride with timeless creed

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    First things first,

mbernard71, I would not waste your time replying to ANYTHING that GreyCarpet is posting. For all we know he is riding around on a "supercycle" with Foes decals on it. Second, to spend $6500 on a MTB or Road bike, is not hard at all. I my self have 6 bikes insured for approx $26,000.00. Now, my 2007 Foes FXR cost me $2300.00 with a XTD curnutt and Ti spring. My Fox 36 cost me another $1100.00 and that is all before taxes, so I can tell you "GreyCarpet" i'm not riding a "supercycle" and my Foes FXR cost me about $5800 to build. And as for your prices, please inform me where you buy your parts and i'll buy 10 of everything right now!!

Have a great day,

oh and mbernard71.........enjoy your Foes, it's a sweet bike!!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Not bad Grey

That's a good looking steed Grey!

Not my first choice for a fork or a set of wheels.(especially for 700.00 on the wheels)

If you paid 1900.00 for that bike, let me be the first to commend you on a spankin deal. And that is a big "IF". You would be hard pressed to convince me that the parts are not hot or that you bought it in one of those "once in a lifetime estate sales". Then again you could just be LYING. I really hope you came along it honestly, if so, GOOD JOB.

For the record, my bike is better looking. I know that for a fact because my Mom said so.

BTW Thanks Freeride

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    This is the best thread i've ever seen on the foes forum! So funny!
    Its like a guy who has a 1992 bmw telling the guy that bought the new loaded 2008 that he's crazy and he overpaid. Sure the 92 might be nice, and have the basic options, but it's not a well equipped 2008. Are both nice cars? Sure. Are they on the same level? No.
    Hey if you can afford it, why the hell not? And if you can't, don't hate on people who can.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast