mtbr member

stretched haedtube diameter

my foes zigzag has a stretched headtube! its weird, its only at the bottom in the front, and a little bit egg shaped. only noticeable when i am looking at my frame closely with the bearing cup in. i removed the bearing cup today and sure enough it wanted to come out towards the front more. will brent repair this (im like 45 mins from pasadena), or is it ok for now. it doesnt rock at all, and it doesnt creak.

locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by caid View Post
    my foes zigzag has a stretched headtube! its weird, its only at the bottom in the front, and a little bit egg shaped. only noticeable when i am looking at my frame closely with the bearing cup in. i removed the bearing cup today and sure enough it wanted to come out towards the front more. will brent repair this (im like 45 mins from pasadena), or is it ok for now. it doesnt rock at all, and it doesnt creak.
    that's pretty hard to fix. It usually happens when you run your headset loose, or you case a jump.

Try shimming it with a beer can.

mtbr member
    thats something! im thinking about that, and red thread locker; lots of it. lol im pretty sure that it was cased a few times by the prev. owner. it was a dirt jump bike. i use it for an AM bike though. lol