Thread: Stolen DHS Mono

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Stolen DHS Mono

Hi all,

this is a bit of a long shot, but my 2004 DHS Mono was stolen from me in March of this year from my adress in central Auckland, New Zealand. It's a fairly unique rig and I reckon there's a slight chance it might end up for sale overseas.

Description as follows:

- 04 Foes DHS Mono, medium. Custom grey paint and replica team decals
    - Foes F1 XL team issue prototype fork (pre-cursor to the XTD fork), only a handful of these forks were made and they weren't sold to the public (as far as I'm aware anyway)
    - top shelf kit throughout including saint brakes/drivetrain, goodridge hoses, king headset, thompson post, selle italia xc saddle, Sunline 745 bars, mavic 832 UST rims and brand new michelin comp 16 tubeless tyres, carbon MRP plates, X0 shifting, etc.

I know it's a long shot but if it turns up for sale somewhere overseas I'd be prepared to offer a reward and ship it back to NZ at my cost. I put loads of time and effort into this bike and can't really afford to replace it for the meantime.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Great bike
    This was the 2002 fork for Marla Streb on Foes Racing team.
    No bask guards.
    Nice big letters FOES. Great looking bike.
    Stolen bike are aweful.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    *Have you considered posting a similar thread in the Australia/New Zealand Forum?

*Are there any local forums that you could post an alert?
    *Have you scanned eBay, MTBR classifieds, Pinkbike, local internet classifieds, pawn shops, local bike shops, bike parks etc.?
    *Considering the bike was stolen from your home (i.e. garage? backyard? car port?), I am inclined to believe the robbery was not random. Acquaintance? Family member? Friend? Neighbor?

I hope you find it...

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Thanks, yeah I was pretty fricking dark about it for weeks afterwards. I figure it's gone for good by now (ironically it was probably sold for $200 to some kid in a poor suburb who's now riding it round doing his morning paper run!).

The fork was made for one of their team riders - Cory someone - his name was stenciled on one of the lower clamps. Had slightly unusual internals for an F1 fork - I figure they were trying to mimick the damping of the rear curnutt damper. Needless to say it rode like a dream. Only bike I'd consider replacing it with is another mono. Period!

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by DRTRIDR
    *Have you considered posting a similar thread in the Australia/New Zealand Forum?

*Are there any local forums that you could post an alert?
    *Have you scanned eBay, MTBR classifieds, Pinkbike, local internet classifieds, pawn shops, local bike shops, bike parks etc.?
    *Considering the bike was stolen from your home (i.e. garage? backyard? car port?), I am inclined to believe the robbery was not random. Acquaintance? Family member? Friend? Neighbor?

I hope you find it...
    Thanks dude. Yep, have done all of those things and more. I'm just spreading the net far and wide in case it turns up somewhere random.

I'm pretty sure it was a random theft. The neighbourhood I lived in at the time was completely done over earlier in the year - we were hit twice in the space of a week, and a number of my friends who live in the area had their places knocked over too.

I wouldn't be bothering people on forums like this except for the fact that it's such a unique rig. If it turns up in front of someone who knows what they're looking at I might get lucky. I think whoever stole it has no idea what it is.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hypoxic
    Thanks, yeah I was pretty fricking dark about it for weeks afterwards.
    I figure it's gone for good by now...
    Don't give up hope on finding your bike!

*Two years ago my buddy had his bike stolen. Exactly 52 weeks later, a "local" bike shop informed him that someone brought his bike in for service. The police were called. His bike was returned to him. Note: The shop owners remembered his "unique" carbon bars and colorful grips!

*Another guy had his SS stolen. People on local forums were notified. One guy recognized the bike (outside of a local eatery). The bike was returned to the owner months after it had been stolen.

*Yet a third person had his custom bike returned to him months after it had been stolen.
    (The guilty party took it in for service)

Considering your frame and fork are unique, I wouldn't be at all surprised....

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by DRTRIDR
    Don't give up hope on finding your bike!

*Two years ago my buddy had his bike stolen. Exactly 52 weeks later, a "local" bike shop informed him that someone brought his bike in for service. The police were called. His bike was returned to him. Note: The shop owners remembered his "unique" carbon bars and colorful grips!

*Another guy had his SS stolen. People on local forums were notified. One guy recognized the bike (outside of a local eatery). The bike was returned to the owner months after it had been stolen.

*Yet a third person had his custom bike returned to him months after it had been stolen.
    (The guilty party took it in for service)

Considering your frame and fork are unique, I wouldn't be at all surprised....
    Cheers mate, hope springs eternal and all that!

mtbr member
    http://www.crazedlist.org/
    useful tool for searching craigslist. Hope this helps!