mtbr member

single chainring chainguide for FOES FLY

hi guys,
    the DH season will start next month and I want to adapt my foes fly 07 for dh racing. I think i'll replace my marzocchi 66 rc 2005 with a boxxer team and the e-13 DRS dual chain ring chainguide with a single chainring chainguide.
    I was thinking about the MRP G2 and the e-13 LG1 (with taco), does someone put one of this two chainguides on a foes fly? there are issues in installation( i think the upper part of the chainguide could hit the frame..) ? i think i'll install them with an icsg adapter...

Tmasi

PS please do not tell me to put on my bike the custom foes chainguide since it is hideous and i'll never buy it

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    i recently put an e13 SRS on my 2007 fly with diabolous cranks. the trick is (and i'm assuming it's the same for an LG1 at least, can't speak to MRP) to flip the ISCG adaptor over from the standard way it goes on, i.e. flat side to the BB and machined side out, so that it puts the backplate out a few extra mm. it clears the swingarm pivot cover fine, and i was able to then space my crank over far enough for everything to line up properly. chainline seems ok so far, but i'm in Canada so i haven't had much chance to ride it yet.