mtbr member

Shaver 29 test ride

Had the pleasure of test riding the Shaver 29 Thursday and Friday, put 30 miles on it and it was amazing how it made the trails seem smoother than my tracer 29, the shaver rear tire didn't stutter. The best aspect of the bike that I found was that no matter how I rode it stuck to the trail like no other bike I've ever ridden. The tester was a Medium with a top tube about an inch too long for me but I ran 20mm less stem and slid the saddle forward 1/2" and achieved the same cockpit as my tracer; couldn't do anything about the wheelbase though.
    Climbing was a little worse than my Tracer but I attribute that at least partially to the Hans Damph 2.35s being 200g heavier each than the 2.25 Nobby Nicks on my Tracer, the gearing was also higher, the Tracers lowest gear is 22 front 34 rear while the Shavers lowest was 24 fr 32 rear; the Shaver was 1.75 lbs heavier. I think it would have been closer in climbing performance had the Foes had better gearing and the same tires as the Tracer. Liked it a lot but I'm hoping to try one in small in the spring, hopefully with a better build.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Shaver 29 test ride-dsc00907.jpg  

Shaver 29 test ride-shaver-29.jpg  

Last edited by slowrider; 01-21-2013 at 02:48 PM. Reason: pic

mtbr member

Re: Shaver 29 test ride

a really beatiful bike.....