mtbr member

Sexy new Foes model

I just bought a longer travel 29r with a slacker head angle and now Foes has to come out with a 650 that has far better trail geometry, weight and standover; time to start selling bikes and parts I guess.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sexy new Foes model-foes-f275.jpg  

mtbr member
    That looks very nice!
    my B+W landscape photos ....www.f45.com

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I saw you posted about this bike over in the 650B forum. I'm really surprised it only had 3 responses as we (650B guys) are like rabid dogs with any new 650B bike. Of course Foes seems to have been quiet about it also.

Bike looks really sweet but I doubt I'll ever get to throw a leg over one for a test up here in MA. Hope to see at least a review of one soon.
    2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

mtbr member

They aren't out yet

I know how good Foes bikes are and I live close so when they are available I'll run over and test one. I test rode the Intense 275 this weekend and really dug it.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by slowrider View Post
    I know how good Foes bikes are and I live close so when they are available I'll run over and test one. I test rode the Intense 275 this weekend and really dug it.
    Lucky you to live close. That would be a great comparo with the Intense 275. Which one did you ride BTW Tracer or Carbine?

Post your thoughts about it in the 650 forum

mtbr member
    Tracer. I got to ride the Ellsworth Evolve 29r as well and the Tracer 275 was much snappier but not as plush; probably the way they set them up for me.

alias chicken
    New "sexy" FXR!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sexy new Foes model-fxr_blue_0077-2shrp-web.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by matt45 View Post
    New "sexy" FXR!!
    Total dream bikes just awesome

mtbr member
    May 2005
    When's that 275 gonna be available.

We need a big 27.5 bike comparo

Turner, Intense (2 models), Norco (2models), Rocky, Ventana, Scott, Jamis, KHS, Banshee, Ibis possibly Transistion? Knolly will have a 27.5 bike soon and hopefully Pivot as well.

Who'd I miss besides Euro models you can't get in the US?

mtbr member

Called Foes yesterday

They are starting to build the frames now but early December was the conservative estimate for delivery. I'm excited to test the F275 to compare it with the Tracer 275 I tested last weekend; that was a very fast 6" bike that handled the big stuff as you would expect but not plush, hope the foes compares well without being as firm on the small stuff.

mtbr member

Called Foes yesterday

They are starting to build the frames now but early December was the conservative estimate for delivery. I'm excited to test the F275 to compare it with the Tracer 275 I tested last weekend; that was a very fast 6" bike that handled the big stuff as you would expect but not plush, hope the foes compares well without being as firm on the small stuff.

mtbr member
    Sweet new frames....got my dream bike....the Shaver

mtbr member

F275

I said I wouldn't need another bike after I got my XCT-5, and really I don't...but man that F275 looks like my dream ride. I'll be real curious to read some ride reports. And I'd love to see a picture of a fully built large frame. I asked Foes and they said the one pictured is a medium and that they haven't fab'ed a large frame yet.

Anyone have a large on order?