ini
    Clydesdale

Please tell me what Foes Model and year this is

Hey Guys. Having some issues trying to get a timeline or model of this Foes. Anyone know a general idea when it was built or a model #. Called Foes and appartntly they have no idea either.

Thank you

Please tell me what Foes Model and year this is-foes.jpg

mtbr member
    The last two numbers stamped under the bottom bracket should indicate year. As for the model all I can tell you is that it looks like it has an LTS/Weasel swingarm; could be a proto of one of those. My early Weasel didn't have dosk bosses so that would indicate your's is a later frame than my former bike.

ini
    Clydesdale
    Quote Originally Posted by slowrider View Post
    The last two numbers stamped under the bottom bracket should indicate year. As for the model all I can tell you is that it looks like it has an LTS/Weasel swingarm; could be a proto of one of those. My early Weasel didn't have dosk bosses so that would indicate your's is a later frame than my former bike.
    Thanks for the info. In your opinion do you think it's worth anything?
    Might rebuild back to OG condition but still haven't decided

mtbr member

Nice bike

but Foes have a cult following, and old Foes have an even more cultish following; if you can find someone who has a history with that model you'll get something for it.
    Cool thing with those old Foes is that they were way ahead of the suspension technology of the day, suspension has cought up with some nice 6" single crown forks and rear shocks like the fox float CTD and Double Barrel air that would wake the old girl up. Good luck with it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    I find it hard to believe Foes did not know what bike that was. Is there any markings saying it is an actual Foes other than the stickers. I would contact the owner and would want to here it out of his mouth to what it is and if they actually made it.

mtbr member
    I see USA stamped in the LTS type swingarm, can't zoom in and retain enough clarity to see what preceeds the USA. I know Foes made some DH frames for other manufacturers, I believe one of them was HARO, could be one of those. If you can get your question to Brent Foes himself you'll likeley get your answer unless it's some one of prototype, he might not remember all of his protos.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Well I missed the stamping on the swing arm, but I zoomed in enough to read it and it says FoesUSA on it. So we know the swing arm is a Foes. But as mentioned, you will need to have Brent look at it himself to hopefully verify what model it is.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010

Please tell me what Foes Model and year this is

Foes LTS-2 ?
    Last edited by donny70; 03-21-2014 at 07:11 PM.
    My Rides:
    Mountain Cycle San Andreas VPS
    Mountain Cycle Rumble Ltd.
    Mountain Cycle Battery
    GT STS-2 Carbon
    GT LTS