mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Please help me identify the year of my Foes DHS Mono

Here is a picture of my Foes DHS Mono. I bought it on Craigs last this year and took it to Northstar/Downieville/Mammoth (Northern California). I don't have much Downhill experience, but had a blast, (and the bike got lots of attention)

The guy who sold it to me said it was a 2008;
    Frame is a 2008. Its the only year They made the adjustable head angle and bottom bracket height. Its a killer bike. I actually had an older 2004 model and loved it so I decided to build the newer model with the wider hub, floating rear brake, mods listed above etc.

looking at the pictures of other 2008 DHS Monos I am not so sure that it is that year.... can any one tell me what year it is?

Also I cannot find a serial number on it, should there be one? where?

Anyway I had a blast at Northstar, and its a great bike (I removed the Marines stickers since I have no association with the marines)

Cheers,
    Bruce

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Anyone?

I was really looking forward to knowing what I have. I didn't think this would be too hard since most of the pictures of DHS bikes I see have the rear shock more horizontal than mine. Please let me know if you are able to identify this!

Thanks,
    Bruce.

All this harmonica stuff
    Sharp bike. Doing a re-focus, it's entirely US Marine color.

Single(Pivot)and Happy
    The suspension of your bike sucks if it's different than mine. Really. It sucks. Big time.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Thanks for the reply. Would you mind elaborating a little? What are the features that identify it as 2005?

Thanks,
    Bruce

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Hard to tell.
    I had one of these bikes in 2003 in red. I think that was one of the first years with the curnutt style shock if i am correct.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    It's the model they built from 2004 on. They introduced the adjustable rod at the bottom of the rear shock and the wider (160mm) rear hub spacing for the 2004 model. The previous year's model (2003) didn't have the adjustable rod at the bottom of the shock but did still have the wider rear axle. They continued to sell the 2004 model officially during 2005 and 2006, which is why people refer to this model as a 2005/2007 or even 2008. The 2:1 Mono was introduced in 2005 and slowly phased out the 'standard' DHS.

It's an amazing bike. I had one myself and absoltely loved it. I'd still have it if it hadn't been stolen from me a couple of years back. Replaced it with a 2010 Mono which is utterly sick!
    Last edited by hypoxic; 11-19-2012 at 10:18 PM.