mtbr member

paging missfoes!

Miss Foes Quebec, I have a question for you...

Did you find when you put the Air XTD rear shock on your bike that it performed as well as the coil XTD rear shock in relation to your XTD fork?

Is the rear air shock feel as balanced with the XTD fork, as did the coil that you used to run?

I may have to get a new frame, but I want it be be balanced with my XTD fork, so I am not sure if I should go with an air shock or stay with the coil rear shock.

Thanks!
    Rolfe
    my B+W landscape photos ....www.f45.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Happy to answer.
    I rode 3 Foes bikes since 2000. A DHS tube then in June 2002 upgrading to new DHS Mono "3:1". In Summer 2006 with Foes XTD TI front shock. Great improvement! Fall 2006 switching to 2.1 with 2 ti coils 250 and 350 pounds (dual springs). The medium 2:1 was a little smaller than the previous Foes and better for technical trails.The bike was sticking on the ground hitting sometime hard the rocks and very flat (deadly a little bit) on jumps.
    Came the Air shock last Summer that I bought and got it direct from Foes to home (I'm not sponsor by Foes Fab in any kind) just 2 days before the World Cup at mont-Sainte-Anne. Some problems arose from Canada Cycling Association and the secret rule application (minimum 20 points UCI at a specific day). I missed my 5th WC

So what about the air shock?
    I got few weeks to try the shock before racing again in Quebec Series.
    I finished second to Quebec Championships for my first race with the air shock.
    Awesome.
    Very kick! Keep the lines perfectly.Easy pumping for better jumps. More lively that TI coils. You feel the difference in a sec. More air great fun. Wow! What a positive feeling. Easy to pedal on flat (as usual). You don't loose anything and get better performance. It's not like a SMALL SHOCK from others shock companies. Longer cylinder is part on the explanation. The Curnut platform is the best. Minor change for weigth.
    Read carefully the owner paper to fix it first time.

mtbr member

thanks

Thank you for the insight, it helped me make up my mind! Good luck
    with the racing!
    my B+W landscape photos ....www.f45.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Buy the air shock.
    It's the next level. Future is now!
    Don't be disturb by newcomers or not innovative companies making air shock (too small ratio). Brent Foes with Charles Curnut sr (and now jr) found the answer long time ago with Baja stock cars and DH bikes.
    I have used the air shock since July 2008 an no problem at all.
    Be careful about set-up.
    Screw the secondary reservoir not too much close of rear brakes.
    The fixing gear right at the front of the secondary cylinder.
    I have to take a picture of that!
    Useful?