Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Apr 2007

The new Shaver looks nice.

Anybody got any info or pictures? Is this going to take over from the xct?

mtbr member
    I don't have pics, but there are some under the Sea Otter coverage section of mtbr. Yes, it will be the xct replacement. It looks pretty awesome in person. I think it's on my next bike list.

mtbr member

Pics

Found some pics on the web...looks awesome

The new Shaver looks nice.-foes-shaver1.jpg

The new Shaver looks nice.-foes_shaver2.jpg

The new Shaver looks nice.-foes_shaver3.jpg

The new Shaver looks nice.-foes_shaver4.jpg

The new Shaver looks nice.-foes_shaver5.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    i found my new bike..just too bad about the 142mm rear end
    The 5 or 5.5 inch travel Shaver will replace the Foes XCT. It features a lower leverage ratio at 2.2 : 1, a tapered head tube, 142mm rear hub spacing, and replaceable ISCG 05 tabs. When it's ready to be sold, it'll be $2000 with a the Fox Float RP23.
    http://www.vitalmtb.com/photos/featu...78/bturman,109

Crazed Country Rebel
    Quote Originally Posted by deadatbirth
    i found my new bike..just too bad about the 142mm rear end

http://www.vitalmtb.com/photos/featu...78/bturman,109
    Here's what I saw.

Custom painted Hydro

Shaver

Stupid, but sometimes witty. Occasionally brilliant. Slow and fat though.

Specialized sucks dong

mtbr member
    Quick correction. The price was misquoted. That price was for a Fox Float R. Prices are subjected to changes until we finalize testing of the Shaver.

The 142x12 maxle system has shown great promise during testing. For anyone who has experience rear end flex while cornering very hard through a turn will be impressed by the increase in stiffness. Many wheel systems now coming onto the market are 142x12 compatible.
    Check us out at FoesRacing.com
    Or,
    Follow us on FaceBook!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles
    Here's what I saw.
    Thanks for checking out the bike!
    Or,
    Follow us on FaceBook!

the refurbished one
    please make it with cable guids for full length routing and with cable stops for a adjustable seatpost!
    and the rear end for 2.4 schwalbe tires.

Last edited by hball; 04-18-2011 at 02:39 AM.
    Sokrates is dead, Galilei is dead, Newton is dead, Einstein is dead, Pantani is dead and i am feeling sick too.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by info@foesracing
    Quick correction. The price was misquoted. That price was for a Fox Float R. Prices are subjected to changes until we finalize testing of the Shaver.

The 142x12 maxle system has shown great promise during testing.
    are you guys going to be spec'ing out the RP23 Kashima when the bike is ready then?

IMO, 142mm rear ends is just companies trying to solve problems that really arent there. even with my size and weight, i havent noticed a decent 135mm wheelset be flexy enough to warrant another mtb "standard."

mtbr member

Looks great

Was the Shaver designed around a non Curnut shock? How does the suspension curve differ from say my 07 FXR; more or less linear or the same? Thanks.

The 142x12 maxle system has shown great promise during testing. For anyone who has experience rear end flex while cornering very hard through a turn will be impressed by the increase in stiffness. Many wheel systems now coming onto the market are 142x12 compatible.

mtbr member
    So what's the placement of the Shaver supposed to be? It's basically an FXR, so will the FXR get a larger shock or once again become adjustable. While the bike looks sweet, just trying to wrap my head around what p[lace it has in the line up.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Is it going to be available with a curnutt?

mtbr member
    Soooo anyone know what the Shaver is supposed to replace or fit in? Seems it’s a replacement for the inferno? Does this mean anything for the venerable FXR?

mtbr member
    are you guys going to be spec'ing out the RP23 Kashima when the bike is ready then?

IMO, 142mm rear ends is just companies trying to solve problems that really arent there. even with my size and weight, i havent noticed a decent 135mm wheelset be flexy enough to warrant another mtb "standard."
    -At this point we are not sure if we will spec it out with a RP23 w/ Kashima. We will definitely offer it with a RP23, but haven't settled on whether we want to offer Kashima as an option. For us it would just be another shock that we would have to stock and we would prefer to stock less. Perhaps we could just the offer the RP23 as only with Kashima. We would like to hear from you guys if you think Kashima is an option you would pay for.
    -For us there is a bigger emphasis on seeing through axles as the standard for mountain bikes in the future. Forks are already going that way and it just seem logical that rear ends follow the same future. Whether its 135x12, 142x12, or bolt on, through axle is the way to go.

please make it with cable guids for full length routing and with cable stops for a adjustable seatpost!
    and the rear end for 2.4 schwalbe tires.
    -If you look carefully on the seat tube, you can see a guide for an adjustable seat post. We are still playing around with guides on the top tube.
    -Hmm... full cable guides seem unlikely at this point in time. However we've using the Gore system and it's awesome.
    -The tires pictured at 2.3s from Schwalbe. I'll have to get a picture posted up on clearance. We'll try to see if there is room for 2.4s.

Is it going to be available with a curnutt?
    The Shaver will not be Curnutt compatible.

Soooo anyone know what the Shaver is supposed to replace or fit in? Seems it’s a replacement for the inferno? Does this mean anything for the venerable FXR?
    The Shaver is replacing the XTC. The Shaver has 140mm of travel so the FXR is likely to see a growth in travel. The new FXR/Replacement will simply be an evolution of the current FXR.
    Or,
    Follow us on FaceBook!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    -At this point we are not sure if we will spec it out with a RP23 w/ Kashima. We will definitely offer it with a RP23, but haven't settled on whether we want to offer Kashima as an option. For us it would just be another shock that we would have to stock and we would prefer to stock less. Perhaps we could just the offer the RP23 as only with Kashima. We would like to hear from you guys if you think Kashima is an option you would pay for.
    -For us there is a bigger emphasis on seeing through axles as the standard for mountain bikes in the future. Forks are already going that way and it just seem logical that rear ends follow the same future. Whether its 135x12, 142x12, or bolt on, through axle is the way to go.
    i think if the bike comes stock with the Float R then having the RP23 Kashima as the upgrade would be a good idea. plus you wouldnt have to stock the non-kashima model at all and just only offer two options.
    if and when i order one, it would certainly be with the Kashima coated RP23.

i do agree that thru-axles should be the norm but dont see myself buying into the 142mm rear end at all.

and as much as i love the Curnutt shocks that were on my RS7 and DHS, i think going to a bike doesnt accept the Curnutt is a good idea. it would increase sales, since most people who havent ridden a Curnutt shock, dont think too highly of it and it would sway their decision to buy the frame. plus if someone doesnt want a Fox shock, there are now several other options out there to use.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I would like a strait headtube like a 44 mm or a full onepointfive at 67 degrees.
    And 1 vote foro the kashima RP23.

mtbr member

Sea Otter 2011 Video

Based on the vid, sounds like the Shaver is being designed around aftermarket shocks only, not Curnutt compatible.

The production Hydro frame design changed some following the Fluid prototype debut last year. Curious to see how much the Shaver changes, if any, for the production version and if the name will change as well...not really grooving on the Shaver name...just sayin'
    Also curious to see if the production bike will be Curnutt compatible like the Hydro. Based on the main pivot location change for performance specific to aftermarket shocks not looking that way.

I don't really need another bike but this frame has really caught my interest. Wonder if the frame will be available for purchase w/o a shock? And if so price?

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I would love to know the head angle. Another vote for 67 degrees.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I think Foes should do a ltd bike with a curnutt, but use the shock with the adjustable end, like on the prolite,(it makes such a difference) no adjustable travel, just 5inch, i think that would make the perfect all round bike. Just a thought, its a good thought tho.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    not having the Curnutt or a odd-size shock would make the bike more appealing to a bigger audience.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    not having the Curnutt or a odd-size shock would make the bike more appealing to a bigger audience.but not to me! other options are good tho, i really like the curnutt air shock, it works, doesnt need servicing every 20hrs riding, the bushes dont wear out like all the other brands, its the right size too.
    Last edited by forgotmename; 05-06-2011 at 02:33 PM.

mtbr member
    not having the Curnutt or a odd-size shock would make the bike more appealing to a bigger audience.
    Agree but why not have and adapter to allow for those that would like to run a Curnutt could do so. Why spend all that money/research getting us to buy into the Curnutt, then to just design a bike w/ no way for us to use the shock weve become to really count on. After owning a Curnutt for 7 years its performed flawlessly, yes its been rebuilt but much better than my buddies other shocks hes rotated through to fine something that can keep up.

Crazed Country Rebel
    Quote Originally Posted by X-FXR
    Agree but why not have and adapter to allow for those that would like to run a Curnutt could do so. Why spend all that money/research getting us to buy into the Curnutt, then to just design a bike w/ no way for us to use the shock weve become to really count on. After owning a Curnutt for 7 years its performed flawlessly, yes its been rebuilt but much better than my buddies other shocks hes rotated through to fine something that can keep up.
    I don't think the shaver would work well with a curnutt shock.

bikes designed around the curnutt are usually falling rate design, because the shocks have such ramp up and the end stroke, this works well.

If you put a curnutt on a rising rate design like the shaver, you'll never get full travel.

yes, I am infering the shaver is a rising rate design, based on Brents interview and bikerumor.com.
    Stupid, but sometimes witty. Occasionally brilliant. Slow and fat though.

Specialized sucks dong

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by X-FXR
    Agree but why not have and adapter to allow for those that would like to run a Curnutt could do so.
    i would think cost would be increased to adapt to the multiple brands/models of shocks out there. there would have to be a unique shock "yoke" for all the possibilities out there.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I would like a replaceable drop outs (135 qr, Shimano QR 142, Syntace 142)

Brent told, that the Shaver do NOT will be compatible with the Curnutt.

The new Foxs rear shock RP23 2012 with Adaptive Logic Pro Pedal will be as good as the original Curnutt. Very stable and great for pedaling.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast