mtbr member
    Sep 2005

New finish for 2008 "Raw polish"

Somebady has a picture of the new finish Color Raw polish.
    I saw like an option in beyond bikes.
    Any info?
    Nuevo disipulo

local trails rider
    Beyond bikes seems to list brushed raw as a color option for 2008 models.

There were some pics of raw Flys from 2007 Sea Otter or Interbike or something.

I wish Foes or the dealers were more eager to show what colors are available (standard or special option).

mtbr member
    May 2005
    First pics of an 08 2:1 FXR including Fox shock

http://www.ringoroad.com/index2.htm

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Thank you, playbike.
    The raw brushed FXR 08 = absolute awsome bike.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I just ordered a XCT-4 in the "raw brushed" color from Kerry @ Beyond Bikes with the intent of getting it powder coated. When I asked about how the decals come, they seemed to think it came with all the decals on it (like those pictures) so he added a note to Foes saying to leave the decals off. Their description of "raw brushed" was that it just doesn't go through the paint shop, but everything else is the same.

I'm getting concerned about how easy its going to be to get this thing powder coated now...

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Why not order it in the color you wanted in the first place?

local trails rider
    The pics of finished FXRs and Flys in raw, that I have seen, look pretty good to me. Why not keep it like that?

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I was originally thinking of doing a multi-color powder coat and I really wanted to study the color charts for a while

Anyway after looking at those photos of the raw color I think I may just leave it that way. In fact I'm gonna phone Beyond Bikes tomorrow and get them to change my order back to having Foes apply the decals.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Mikentosh:
    Did you ordered your XTC whit the Curnutt or the Fox DHX Air rear shock?

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I ordered it with the Curnutt AIR. I'm a bigger guy (250 lbs) so Mitch @ Foes originally suggested I go with the Curnutt coil, but as I'm gonna run a Fox F120 on the front, they thought the air will work okay on the back. I'm going to buy the F120 from Push so I can get it tuned correctly from the beginning as well.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mikentosh
    I ordered it with the Curnutt AIR. I'm a bigger guy (250 lbs) so Mitch @ Foes originally suggested I go with the Curnutt coil, but as I'm gonna run a Fox F120 on the front, they thought the air will work okay on the back. I'm going to buy the F120 from Push so I can get it tuned correctly from the beginning as well.

Nice combo.
    Post some pictures, when arrive the XCT.
    Nuevo disipulo

mtbr member
    May 2007

Look what showed up today :)

Unfortunately the buildup is still about a month away (still waiting on a bunch of parts) but at least I can look at it. I talked to Mitch @ Foes about that Japanese website and he said those frames were professionally polished and it was $$$. I'm gonna go the cheap route and try Scotchbrite pads with Mother's aluminum polish, followed by a nice coat of wax.
    Attached Images Attached Images

local trails rider
    I was thinking those Japanese frames looked bright. Too bright for my taste.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Beatiful frame, and supernice finish.
    I like your finish (raw), better than the polish (japanese).
    Enjoy your Foes.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    When I was at the foes factory, I got to see the polished frames. When I asked how durable the finish was, brent said that they were tough to keep clean and to maintain the polished finish.I wondered if you could get it clear anodized?

RaD
    Trampelpfadbenutzer
    Yes,it should be possible to clear anodize the polished frame.At least Turner does this to their polished parts at the frames and it holds up nicely.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Thought I'd post a few pictures of the semi-complete buildup. There are a few things to straighten out still (front derailleur, brake cables, etc.) but at least I got to ride it today

I ended up using some Mother's aluminum polish on it to get a bit of shine. I went with gold as an accent color which definitely gets some looks (for better or worse).

Once I've put on all the final components I'll post a few better pics in the "Show us your Foes" thread.
    Attached Images Attached Images

local trails rider
    Looks good!

Did you wax it or leave the metal bare?

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Right now its bare metal but I'm already noticing it oxidizing so I will definitely be waxing it. The weather around here is still pretty winter-like (by Victoria standards) so I've got some motivation to spend a night waxing it instead of riding it