mtbr member

my new / old Fly

This is my brand new 2007 Fly. I couldn't afford an '09 and I found this one, I am lucky!

I just wanted to give a grand shout out to Freddy at FH Racing up in Canada for the great new 2007 frame I bought from him. Freddy rebuilt and re-valved the shock for me before he sent the frame and I have to say it is the best riding Curnutt shock I have ridden. It pedals great and feels like bubble gum on the way down. Much different that my Curnutt on my 2003 Fly.

I feel like I am going slower on the downhill, but my computer says I am going 4 mph faster on average over my old 2003 Fly! Props to Freddy!

Anyone else have a Fly with XTD forks??? Check it:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    my B+W landscape photos ....www.f45.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    That is just real sweet. Have fun!!

Dirt Rag Extraordinaire
    great looking ride man. how are the F1's? they look heavy...
    "You go up the hill, you go down the hill."

mtbr member

the fork

Yes, the F1 XTD fork is a bit heavy, I think about 9 pounds or so with the hub, axle, and stem. The Ti spring saves a bunch of weight over the steel spring.

It pays off though with steering accuracy (feels like power steering) and the front end plows through anything big or small. Plus the Curnutt internals match the rear shock, and the fork does not dive very much under braking...
    my B+W landscape photos ....www.f45.com