mtbr member
    Apr 2007

My new bikes here.

Picked it up from balfa uk today.
    Prolite xc 2.1, Reba team maxle, ck wheels,,headset,mavic 321s, xtr cranks, brakes,mechs, cassette, pedals, hope stem, cnt bars,acros ceramic bb and seatpost, spesh ladies ariel saddle, slime tubes and firexc pro 2.1 tyres, and of course gripshift. 28.7lbs, prob lose a pound or so with lite tubes and tyres.
    Feels light and fast on carpark test, will be up v early and having 1st ride in tmorning.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/35877972@N04/4518863048/

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    That is a sweet looking bike!! wish I had mine with me when I was there.Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine!

mtbr member

Nice

Great looking ride, looks bad a$$ in black...can't wait to see what you think about it on the trail.

Also curious about the frame weight, did you get to weigh it alone?

Older & Faster...downhill
    Aug 2008

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Hello, ive had 2 rides now, and its great, it feels much easier on the ups and in singletrack it is really fast, steering also feels much sharper on fast singletrack in between the trees, much more of a racy feel about it, and it really does encourage you to go fast, probably done 45 miles or so on it and i think its money well spent, very stiff rear end, fantastic quality and ride,a bit heavy, but all very functional kit. Im hoping to lose a bit of weight, but off my gut and chins, and this is going to help.

mtbr member
    Foes is ahead of the curve. Your bike rips, my '07 Fly rips. Heck, even my
    '03 FXR rips......

Think, 2003 FXR, 6" travel (150mm) bike, 28 pounds.... It is now 2010, 7 years
    later and the rest of the industry is catching up to that 2003 bike....

Foes has always been ahead of the curve, since Brent welded his first bike....

Foes is like Apple computers, exclusive and always top of the class....

blog hogs
    Feb 2010
    Will look even better dirty.
    Ignore them till they go away.It's corporate policy.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Thanks Katana, if you have a look on the flickr link, my old 03 fxr is on there too.
    Blog hogs, im pleased to say it looks good dusty, and im pleased we have had no rain for a week or two, so it wont get dirty for a while yet.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Hello again, ive had it a year now, and used it in the alps, peak district, trail centres, and local xc loops, the adjustable shock length is a real bonus and i often use it, short shock for alps n peak, longer length for commute or long all day xc rides,however i have the bike set up it always feels just right, even with only 3.5inches of travel, in the alps. I think it rides as stiff as any hardtail i have ridden(laterally), had tubeless on the front for a few hundred miles and all good so far, i have put a 70mm stem and oversized cnt bars on and that sharpens and stiffens the steering up. Overall im really glad that i invested in the prolite, and i have done around 4 thousand miles on it, and look forward to every mile i put into it, and it has been covered in **** lots of times now.