Thread: My new bike

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

My new bike

I got it yesterday, metalic grey, anthrocite type colour, float rc2, xtr bits, hadley rear, american classic front, grip shift, joplin 4, 34lb.
    Cant wait to ride it.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/35877972@N04/4387925611/

Older & Faster...downhill
    Aug 2008
    Nice work. You'll love that floating brake.

mtbr member

Very nice!

I have the 08 version and I wish it had a well thought out floater on it; my old 03 Foes has it and it breaks like a Horst link IMHO.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    If your interested my last 2 fxrs and my xcr that i still have are on the flickr link too, really looking forward to the difference the floating brake makes, as ive never had it on a bike before, same with the air shock, il be starting with 90lb in main chamber and 80lb in other chamber, i weigh 200lb in gear, do you have any recommendations on settings? any advice gladly accepted.
    Thanks.

Aug 2008
    I run 70-75/55 in mine. 182lbs in the flesh so I suspect we're close to 195 geared up.
    I used to run mine higher like that until I realized I was leaving a lot on the table as far as travel.
    Keep an eye on the o-ring and bring your pump to experiment.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Thanks il bear that in mind, when you first put the air in the shock do you wind the red dial all the way down or do you unwind it 4 turns? hope thats not too much of a stupid question, but i was told to wind in by one person and out by another.

Aug 2008
    Two turns and its been that way since day one.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Thats how it came, 2 turns out, i topped air up in that position.
    Thanks Margaritaman.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I had my 1st ride on it in wales on it a week ago, and it rocked, as expected. i really noticed all the upgrades on the frame, the front end feels soooo sturdy when pointing down a steep rocky descent, and the rear 150 bolt through makes the rear feel as solid when standing and climbing up a steep climb as well as it does on the descent, which is nice.
    The IBS brake thingy also works and makes descending smoother er than on the older fxr without the IBS, now for the air can, i was in 2 minds as to what shock to get on the new bike, im a lump so i thought the air can wouldnt cope, i was wrong, it was so smooth on the first ride, rebound was spot on, and i got full travel, something that rarely happened on ti xtd shock, so thanks to margaritaman and others for advice.
    The new bikes f*&%in marvelous. Thanks Mr Foes also.