Bianchibuddy
    Oct 2008

Looking for FXR or XCT-5 Any Deals?

So I am looking for a new or lightly used FXR or XCT-5 frame. Does anyone know a dealer that will sell me a frame at a smokin price under MSRP? I would also consider a used frame that was clean if the price was right. I also wonder if a warranty is an issue with a Foes? I would buy a new frame and pay the price to get the warranty, but it is only 2 years; is it worth? I have not heard or read to may stories about Foes frame failing so warranty my not be worth the cost. Any help would be appreciated!

mtbr member

Google it

I googled Foes FXR 2 days ago and had 3 craigslist or other classified hits from around the country.
    In the past I've cracked 2 foes frames and they took care of it right away; one of them was well out of warranty and they offered me a crash replacement frame so they have great cs.

Bianchibuddy
    Oct 2008
    Thanks Slowrider. I appreicate your good words. So did you buy both frames brand new? I am leaning to a new frame so I can use the warranty, but if Foes is willing to work with someone who purchased a used frame, I would feel more comfortable considering a used frame. I will do a Google and see if I can find anything.

Thanks again!

mtbr member

Nope

I've herd both good and bad about Foes cs but of the one bad report from someone I actually know that had a bad experience he was beligerant, demanding and well out of warranty. The guy threatend to post on ridemonkey and mtbr and destroy Foes rep if they didn't extend his warranty and cover his frame.
    My experience was that I bought a well out of warranty frame which cracked 6 months later. I sent the frame to Foes and asked if they could fix it and possibly add disk mounts to it. They eventually said they didn't have the parts to fix it but they offered me a Fly as a crash replacement after I explained how much I loved the bike; so you can catch more Fly's with sugar than viniger (sorry about that buht it's true).
    The Fly later cracked and I had the new updated frame in 3 days.
    Good luck with your search.

Chumba Junkie
    I saw Adrenaline bikes in CA has a 2007 Medium Black XCT5 with Curnutt Air brand new and no one bid on it. Starting price was 999. You may be able to snag it for that price or slightly higher.

mtbr member
    I might have a new Med. FXR. What size are you looking for?

Bianchibuddy
    Oct 2008

Looking for a Medium - what do you have?

Send me a PM if you want or reply to the tread