Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    high school loser

lets see your foes!!

ya its prolly been done plenty time before, but its always cool and there hasnt been any recent ones, so ya, post up pics of your foes! i just bought a 05 silver foes fly, with all the goodies, floating brake, ti spring, hadley hubs, 66rc. i havent gone to pick it up yet since i cant drive, so im basicly going insane hear waiting for it. so lets see some pics and as soon as i get mine im gonna be postin up pis too...
    member of the ZombiEKilleRSquadron
    "we kill zombies dead"

98% of all teens do drugs or have tried them, if you are in the 98% range, copy and paste this in to your signature

high school loser
    guess everyones shy about postin pics, huh, well ok i got my bike so ill go first, here she is! they didnt have my weight on the ti springs so when they get edm in theyll send one to me...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "we kill zombies dead"

98% of all teens do drugs or have tried them, if you are in the 98% range, copy and paste this in to your signature

mtbr member
    Ahhhh an 05. Im waiting on an 06. The 06 is suppose to be a little different. It has some gussets and is 1" shorter. What size is yours and how tall are you?
    Last edited by kntr; 12-09-2005 at 12:13 PM.

mtbr member
    Looks good, Im waiting on a Silver 06 also. Any day now all been well

rr
    I don't do PC
    Here's mine-'04 FXR with Z150, mainly a budget build but it rides nice

mtbr member
    Here is my 02.5. I cant wait for my 06.

high school loser
    Quote Originally Posted by kanter
    Ahhhh an 05. Im waiting on an 06. The 06 is suppose to be a little different. It has some gussets and is 1" shorter. What size is yours and how tall are you?
    im riden the small and am 5'5'' or 5'6''. i woulda waited for the 06 model if i was payin full, but i got this for just over 2000 bucks so grabed it and love it. i called about when i might get my ti spring, cause i payed for it, and they said they lost their supplier and it might be a few months before they get a new supplier. so im stuck with the ugly red one for awhile. but so far i absolutly love the bike. took me awhile to get the rear shock tuned but now that i have it dialed its awsome, bike floats and corners like a dream, super stiff also and realy has a bottemless feel. just need to get my chainguide on there and some hozfelor bars and stem and itll be perfection. cant wait to huck this baby off some cliffs...
    "we kill zombies dead"

mtbr member
    Dorado went by by, hoping the Travis will show up soon. Love the bike though.

mtbr member

FXR Pics

Been waiting on a few parts to post my FXR.

Here are a couple pics from the back yard.

Some of the build highlights:
    Frame: Medium '04 FXR
    Fork: 2006 Pike 454 Air Uturn
    Brakes: Avid Juicy 7. 8" rotor front, 7" rotor rear, Goodridge hose, & Danger Boy levers
    Front Wheel - Hope bulb hub, Dt 5.1D rim
    Reer Wheel - Hadley Hub w/ 10mm axle and DT 4.1D rim
    Tires - Kenda Nevgal 2.5 (f) and 2.35 (r)
    Drivetrain - X0 RD, Xt FD, X-9 Shifters, Atlas Cranks and Heim chain guide with MRP LRP Roller

Build weight is around 34 lbs.

mtbr member

05/06 Foes Fly

Here is a few pics of my medium Fly. Ive pretty much finished building it, just a chain device to sort out. I was going to go for an MRP LRP but have now decided to go for an E13 DRS.

rr
    I don't do PC
    Looking good string, how do you like the fork? How's the clearance with the Nev 2.3? any chainrub on the tire in the small ring?

mtbr member
    Thanks,

So far I love the fork but I only have a few rides on it and am still getting it dialed in. Its much stiffer and smoother than the Talas it replaced. The maxle is great. The added height and travel really balance the frame out.

Chainrub has not been a problem with the Nev 2.3's, however the 4.1d is not the widest rim either. The clearance is a close but there is still a little room to grow. I have noticed that if the rim gets too out of true the tire rubs on the brake cable guide but thats about it.

rr
    I don't do PC
    Yeah, the brake hose routing is kinda strange with that upper guide on the inside of the tube, I don't even use the lower guide close to the caliper.

The Nev 2.3 will be my next rear tire, I'm running a 2.1 on my Burner and love the climbing traction. I bought a pair of the Fire Pro FR's which are 2.4's and the rear didn't workout cause the chain rubbed in the lowest gears, great front tire though.

I get to ride occasionally with a few Rockshox guys and they rave about the Pike, it looks like the ideal fork for our frames. Enjoy.
    Last edited by rr; 01-06-2006 at 12:18 PM.

mtbr member
    I've never tried the Fire Fr, but I used like the original Fire's. I'll try to take a picture of the tire clearance this weekend. It looks close, but never hits. I love the Nevgals. They are the first tire that I have not been ready to try something new after riding them for a year.

Rockshox got it right with the Pike. The CNC'd nobs for '06 is an improvement that puts them in a higher class.

I've got a Stiffee
    Quote Originally Posted by Enduro SX
    Here is a few pics of my medium Fly. Ive pretty much finished building it, just a chain device to sort out. I was going to go for an MRP LRP but have now decided to go for an E13 DRS.
    That's a killer looking Fly, I wouldn't change a thing......beautiful bike!

mtbr member
    that thing is insane.

Broken and dizzy
    My '04 Fly (and no, the seat post has never hit the swing link - left some length as I do quite a bit of climbing on it)

And the bonus action shot
    Last edited by Surfinguru; 01-07-2006 at 12:41 PM.

mtbr member
    Not the best pic of the tire (2.35 Nevgal) clearance, but you can see its pretty close. This is with the chain in the granny ring and the 34T cog. The clearance is maybe a few millimeters. I've never noticed the chain hitting the tire, but there is not much margin for error.

Broken and dizzy
    Running the same rear tire with no issues either.

Just found out yesterday that I actually bent the rear tab on the frame where the derailuer hanger bolts on. Fock me! It's not huge, but damn, no wonder I've been having drivetrain issues.....

rr
    I don't do PC
    Thx string, looks like the same amount with the fat albert 2.35 I have on there now. Also looks like some dry dusty dirt on your bike, in Houston??

My dad says it's been the dryest winter he can remember down there.

mtbr member
    The weather's been a little crazy down here. It feels more like Southern California is supposed to feel. Dry with low temps in the 50's and highs in the 70's. Instead its raining in California and nice and mild here. Maybe everybody will want to move to Houston now for the weather. I guess both the local trails will get crowded.

We had one day of very heavy rain the week before Christmas that flooded some of the lower trails and took out a water crossing or two, but since then no rain.

high school loser
    mmm oh man, sure is purty,i need to get some updated pics of mine up, new bars and stem, mrp all bacl system3 guide and the ti spring finally came thank to foes. love the bike so much, couldnt be happier with it. heres some recent little goof off pics from a couple days ago when it was raining up in the mountain and all we could ride was my little DH course in my back yard, no seroius pics yet, been to busy riding it and building to take pics!

and dont worry, 20 foot drops on this thing will be the norm once our spot dries out, ill make sure to get some pics of what this bike can really do...
    "we kill zombies dead"

mtbr member
    Nice pics. Is that your girlfriend?

high school loser
    Nice pics. Is that your girlfriend?
    haha yes, that would be my girl alright...
    "we kill zombies dead"

high school loser
    ok ok, got some proper pics of this beast , the other just dont do it justice...got her all cleaned up yesterday after some hard riden......so here we go...

Last edited by nobody242424; 01-18-2006 at 09:52 PM.
    "we kill zombies dead"

Broken and dizzy
    VERY nice my friend! Very nice indeed. The rear triangle set up really looks like the DHS now. Interesting how they secure the floating brake too. I also like the new badge on the head tube. My old(er) Fly will be replaced with one of these. So how hard was it to de-logo the rest of it?
    Last edited by Surfinguru; 01-18-2006 at 11:28 PM.

Broken and dizzy
    Thought I'd throw a close up of the Push'd RC. (Can't seen to edit my previous post.)

mtbr member
    My 06 Fly finally showed up today from Foes. My gold Hadley-black 729s showed up today from Go-Ride today, too. Both on the same day. I already had the Avy off my 02.5 Fly.

high school loser
    My 06 Fly finally showed up today from Foes. My gold Hadley-black 729s showed up today from Go-Ride today, too. Both on the same day. I already had the Avy off my 02.5 Fly.
    dear god, that thing is gonna be soo hot, build dat **** up! im guessing your gonna put the avy on over the curnutt? but dang mang that orange is freaken sick i cant even beleive how hot dat is, hotter than i thought...
    "we kill zombies dead"

mtbr member
    I found the difference in the 06 vs the 05 frame besides the wheelbase and toptube is 1" shorter. Check it out.

mtbr member
    That is going to Build into a sweet ride, I wasnt sure about the orange when you first mentioned it, but in seeing it, its sweet as

high school loser
    I found the difference in the 06 vs the 05 frame besides the wheelbase and toptube is 1" shorter. Check it out.
    so i guess maybe in 05 they had a couple crack there, guess thats the spot to be watching for anything...
    "we kill zombies dead"

mtbr member
    Foes dropped the ball again. They forgot a nut on one of the main pivot bolts. First they paint my bike the wrong color and know this. Not what I would expect from such a highend frame company. Oh well, this is right on par with their customer service. If Foes didnt make such a nice frame, I would never own a Foes.

high school loser
    Foes dropped the ball again. They forgot a nut on one of the main pivot bolts. First they paint my bike the wrong color and know this. Not what I would expect from such a highend frame company. Oh well, this is right on par with their customer service. If Foes didnt make such a nice frame, I would never own a Foes.
    yea ive had a couple problems with mine already as well, put the wrong bolt into the hyme join on the floater and it created play because of it, but when i called they were super nice gave a new hyme joint and the right bolt for free and i had it the next day, they make little mistakes, but their good at correcting them and the finished product is always worht the trouble in the end....
    "we kill zombies dead"

I HUCK WITH CHUCK
    My Fly.

Riding pics.

mtbr member
    thoughtfulpirate

What does your Fly weigh with the Fox 36?

mtbr member
    Kanter, Any pics of your Fly built up

mtbr member
    Kanter, Any pics of your Fly built up
    Soon..... very soon. Im waiting on a brake line, qr seatpost collar, and seatpost.

Pics this weekend, hopfully.

I HUCK WITH CHUCK
    thoughtfulpirate

What does your Fly weigh with the Fox 36?
    Never weighed it, but I assume sub-40.

high school loser
    bam, thought i would post some pics of the foes being put to the test. bike is amazing. everything is butter, handles so well in the air and on take ofs landings dont exsist its so smooth, so anyways here we go...

some craka-ass steeze

boosting small childeren

reppin spongebob with the pinky out yall...

last one............................................... ......
    "we kill zombies dead"

mtbr member
    Looks like a nice DJ area.

rr
    I don't do PC
    very nice!

Just another FOCer
    Great pics nobody242424!

I really dig this one:

Here are a few pictures of Mutz's Foes collection.

His Mono riding in style:

His Mono just starting a ride on Noble Canyon:

His FXR 4x:

His FXR 4x in action:

His FXR:
    "I hope your gravity droppers all seize up....BASTIDS." - Aquaholic

NLZ
    The Path Bike Shop
    Winston presents - Socal Videos

Stray Bullet
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston
    Great pics nobody242424!

I really dig this one:

Here are a few pictures of Mutz's Foes collection.

His Mono riding in style:
    Not really Foes related but I love seeing Jaguars with bikes on the top. Maybe if Brant starts making the Inferno with a straight seat tube you'll see one on the roof of my Vanden Plas

Welcoming Doormat
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagaredama
    Not really Foes related but I love seeing Jaguars with bikes on the top. Maybe if Brant starts making the Inferno with a straight seat tube you'll see one on the roof of my Vanden Plas

except his name is brent
    A Proud Member of The Zombie Killer Squadron "we kill zombies dead"

Stray Bullet
    Quote Originally Posted by RaggleMuffin
    except his name is brent
    Duh! I'm obviously

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

03 fxr

My 03 fxr

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

06 Fly in french riviera.

hello, Here my new Foes, which replaces my old foes: Weasel. I bought it at go-ride in October 2005. it was dispatched to me in France. super bicycle .
    very rigid in torsion, weight : 17,3 kilogrammes = 38,14 pounds. it goes up well and goes down still better !
    thanks to go-ride ( scott ) .
    http://kiricou.free.fr/batchas01.htm
    and the pics :
    Last edited by kiri; 02-27-2006 at 10:22 AM.

mtbr member
    Pics not working

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    now it's good !

http://kiricou.free.fr/batchas01.htm

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Weasel

My old Foes, sniff !

I sold it $1500 ! ! !

Good old companion .

high school loser
    mm im diggen that bike with the touches of red, very nice...
    "we kill zombies dead"

mtbr member
    Throw a Ti spring on your Fly and you will lose about a pound!!!! The Curnutt steel spring is super heavy.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ThoughtfulPirate
    My Fly.

Riding pics.

Love the flip flops and full face.
    -----------------------
    The world's only compatible bike builder
    wrenchscience

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kiri

these foes' are absolutely SICK SICK

mtbr member

Foes Fly with new 150mm Rear Dee Max

This is my Fly with its new Mavic Dee Max wheelset. The rear is the new 150mm Dee Max

mtbr member
    Sweeeeeet. What does it weigh?

mtbr member
    Sweeeeeet. What does it weigh?
    Last time I had it weighed it was 43 1/2 lbs, that was with my DT Rims, might be slightly more with the Dee Max.

mtbr member
    I weighed mine yesterday at exactly 43 1/2 lbs, too.

high school loser
    oh my gosh, lovin the build on that thang, nice
    "we kill zombies dead"

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Here's my baby...

Unfortunatly, I had to modify her a little upon my arrival in Barcelona. I use her for everything now... Commuting, shopping, beach rides, trails, hucking, urban, etc. Hence, the Big Apples and 3 rings. But I keep the knobby's in the closet for the weekends we head down Tibidabo!!

mtbr member
    Did you polish it or buy it that way?

2003 or 2004?

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Originally it was red...

But I had it stripped and polished. It's a '02.5, but still kickin!!
    ************************************************** ********************************************
    Check out the Barcelona Bike show link, scheduled for April 7th, 8th, and 9th!!

www.bikeshowbcn.com

mtbr member
    Looks like an 03. The 2003 was the first year when the floater pivoted at the axle. The 02.5 floater pivoted on the frame a inch above the axle. Looks sweeeeet no matter the year.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Thanks my friend...

She was built in late 02... But you're right, she's an 03 model. I just try to maintain a little humility...(smile)

mtbr member
    Good for resale that its a 03. Im just a FLY junkie and know almost every change they made every few months.

How hard is it to polish and how much did it cost ya?
    Last edited by kntr; 03-14-2006 at 07:36 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    My 2003 FXR...I had (have) it for sale but I think I'm going to hold onto her for another season Just love this bike too much! Thinking I'll swap out forks, maybe try a Pike or AM1...the 20mm axle would be a nice upgrade. And maybe get a ti spring for it just to freshen things up...

Last edited by Summit; 05-15-2006 at 11:24 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Smile fork & Ti spring

I had an 03 zoke z1 FR just like yours before switching to a 05 manitou firefly Ti. The manitou wasn't plush in the begining - more sticky than plush. After about 10 rides it started to loosen up and soked up everything. SPV evolve works great under pedal power and is great complement to rear curnutt shock. The manitou doesn't raise the head angle because the drop outs are placed higher. The Ti rear spring for curnutt is a must have - there is a big difference between the two. All I can say is just -buy it- you'll see when it's installed. If you're interested on Ti spring weights - write back and I'll lead you towards the right direction.

-foesguy

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by FoesGuy
    I had an 03 zoke z1 FR just like yours before switching to a 05 manitou firefly Ti. The manitou wasn't plush in the begining - more sticky than plush. After about 10 rides it started to loosen up and soked up everything. SPV evolve works great under pedal power and is great complement to rear curnutt shock. The manitou doesn't raise the head angle because the drop outs are placed higher. The Ti rear spring for curnutt is a must have - there is a big difference between the two. All I can say is just -buy it- you'll see when it's installed. If you're interested on Ti spring weights - write back and I'll lead you towards the right direction.

-foesguy
    the ti spring shouldn't change the way it rides, correct? just overall bike weight?

mtbr member
    I think they just feel different too. Smoother. Maybe its just placebo.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    If I remembered correctly, the steel spring weighed in at 13.8 oz. and the Ti weighed in at around 6 oz. about 1/2 lb. off. I had scale sitting there so i weighed it. I also got one spring weight lighter just to see what would happen. The ride felt more plush because of the reduced spring weight - to compensate for lighter wieght I added more air (80-90psi) just under the 100psi limit. Ride was plush with no bob and soaked all the little bumps. Preloaded the spring with 2-3 turns....I am a happy guy.

~foesguy

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

03 fxr

~ here she is..woundn't trade her for anythang!....maybe for the 06....maybe

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    nice FG! I'm gonna have to try the ti spring for sure. I've got a set of 2.35 high rollers too...does that rear one fit OK on yours? I've been running WTB's but I'm gonna throw on the Maxxis for some more DH-style duty next week I think .

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

rear tire..

My rear 2.35 Maxxis fit snug, probably nothing else bigger. I have Maxxis Minions super tacky for the front - that's been working awesome. You won't regret the Ti spring - I use my old steel spring as a pencil holder

~foesguy

rr
    I don't do PC
    Nice bike FoesGuy, I really like the blood red color, mine's red too . Your pic shows off the color well.

I have an '04 and the reality is I can't run a tire any bigger than a 2.35 either, a larger tire would fit but you would have to run a single chainring setup cause the chain will rub on a tire larger than a 2.35 while in the granny due to the 68mm shell. I guess there are ways around the problem if you don't mind sacrificing chainline but for me the drivetrain works so well that I prefer going with a 2.35, plus thats big enough anyways for me.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Thanks rroeder! You're right about the 3.35 tire size, don't really need anything bigger anyway

mtbr member
    This is as good a place as any to start posting ...

My 03 Mono

Homemade chainguide

Awesome shock !

Great hub !

My 01 LTS
    Testing the look of the custom paintjob

The finished paintjob

The designer

The complete bike
    Last edited by LucVR; 04-13-2006 at 01:27 AM.

mtbr member
    here's a couple at ya...just got the FXR last week !

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cmeride
    here's a couple at ya...just got the FXR last week !

damn....money well spent.

rr
    I don't do PC
    Nice rides guys, hey cmeride-any ride impressions yet on the FXR?

I HUCK WITH CHUCK
    update on the fly, just got back from camping in NC and the fork is great.

mtbr member

old fly

but it's destined to be a classic!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    The site keeps telling me to post something, so im giving in to peer pressure.
    A FXR all the way over here in Noo Zealand.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Nice Fork!

I wanted the 36 too but didn't want to get another loan..hahaha $$ nice set up tho.!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Since I can't nab the 2:1 FXR just yet, got an AM1 to replace my '03 Z1 on the trusty rig:

rr
    I don't do PC
    Hey summit, looks good man! love the red/black theme Is that the adj. 130-150mm model? I really like the handling of the FXR with a 150mm zoke, as long as I can use the ETA feature for the climbing.

Young.Brash.Hopeful.
    Jul 2005

I love my Fly...

mtbr member
    Except your missing something.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

my foes

my new fxr 2:1 , came in at 28.4 lbs.
    just love the ride, best bike i have ever had. peroid.
    my brother has an specialized epic, after riding my foes, he's going to trade up.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    rroeder, yep it's got the 130-150mm adjustable, plus ETA. good stuff. the slacked-out geometry threw me a bit but am loving it so far. haven't really had a chance to take it on a really hammering downhill yet but will let ya know how it does when I finally do...

nice 2:1 riv...makes me want one!

mtbr member
    rroeder, took her down "waterfall" i think, at santiago oaks, lost my buddy on his endruo. That currnut begs for a beatin'. Also, that little ledge at the top by the powerlines, couldn't feel the bottom at all. That ridge trail to waterfall is awesome! Though, someone needs to trim the weeds at the top of the trail.(waterfall) I've taken the inferno out there a year ago and the fxr feels the same. Preaty impressed !

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

two more.

a couple more shots, the ones in my garage are too dark.
    the more ride and fine tune the shock the more i am impressed.
    my brother on his epic couldnt keep up on the uphills.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    this is my foes getin air..more pics will come soon

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    just found this thread lol

here a blast from the past.

2000 foes dh slammer been in storage (we had a lil girl) just started riding again

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    thats killer...that bike looks pritty sexy....

hers my foes...soon to have some new front shox and new brakes

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    thanks got one more for your enjoyment

but bro your pic didnt come out.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    nice bro, blow it up man im getting old and my eyes arent what they used to be

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    iigh man...
    hopfully this 1 is bigger

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    nice bike bro. i was thinking on getting a new fly . just like the classic round tube design over monque.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 38