Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
    high school loser

lets see your foes!!

ya its prolly been done plenty time before, but its always cool and there hasnt been any recent ones, so ya, post up pics of your foes! i just bought a 05 silver foes fly, with all the goodies, floating brake, ti spring, hadley hubs, 66rc. i havent gone to pick it up yet since i cant drive, so im basicly going insane hear waiting for it. so lets see some pics and as soon as i get mine im gonna be postin up pis too...
    [SIZE=5]member of the ZombiEKilleRSquadron[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]"we kill zombies dead"[/SIZE]

98% of all teens do drugs or have tried them, if you are in the 98% range, copy and paste this in to your signature

high school loser
    guess everyones shy about postin pics, huh, well ok i got my bike so ill go first, here she is! they didnt have my weight on the ti springs so when they get edm in theyll send one to me...
    Attached Images Attached Images

98% of all teens do drugs or have tried them, if you are in the 98% range, copy and paste this in to your signature

mtbr member
    Ahhhh an 05. Im waiting on an 06. The 06 is suppose to be a little different. It has some gussets and is 1" shorter. What size is yours and how tall are you?
    Last edited by kntr; 12-09-2005 at 11:13 AM.

mtbr member
    Looks good, Im waiting on a Silver 06 also. Any day now all been well

rr
    I don't do PC
    Here's mine-'04 FXR with Z150, mainly a budget build but it rides nice

mtbr member
    Here is my 02.5. I cant wait for my 06.

high school loser
    Quote Originally Posted by kanter
    Ahhhh an 05. Im waiting on an 06. The 06 is suppose to be a little different. It has some gussets and is 1" shorter. What size is yours and how tall are you?
    im riden the small and am 5'5'' or 5'6''. i woulda waited for the 06 model if i was payin full, but i got this for just over 2000 bucks so grabed it and love it. i called about when i might get my ti spring, cause i payed for it, and they said they lost their supplier and it might be a few months before they get a new supplier. so im stuck with the ugly red one for awhile. but so far i absolutly love the bike. took me awhile to get the rear shock tuned but now that i have it dialed its awsome, bike floats and corners like a dream, super stiff also and realy has a bottemless feel. just need to get my chainguide on there and some hozfelor bars and stem and itll be perfection. cant wait to huck this baby off some cliffs...

mtbr member
    Dorado went by by, hoping the Travis will show up soon. Love the bike though.

mtbr member

FXR Pics

Been waiting on a few parts to post my FXR.

Here are a couple pics from the back yard.

Some of the build highlights:
    Frame: Medium '04 FXR
    Fork: 2006 Pike 454 Air Uturn
    Brakes: Avid Juicy 7. 8" rotor front, 7" rotor rear, Goodridge hose, & Danger Boy levers
    Front Wheel - Hope bulb hub, Dt 5.1D rim
    Reer Wheel - Hadley Hub w/ 10mm axle and DT 4.1D rim
    Tires - Kenda Nevgal 2.5 (f) and 2.35 (r)
    Drivetrain - X0 RD, Xt FD, X-9 Shifters, Atlas Cranks and Heim chain guide with MRP LRP Roller

Build weight is around 34 lbs.

mtbr member

05/06 Foes Fly

Here is a few pics of my medium Fly. Ive pretty much finished building it, just a chain device to sort out. I was going to go for an MRP LRP but have now decided to go for an E13 DRS.

rr
    I don't do PC
    Looking good string, how do you like the fork? How's the clearance with the Nev 2.3? any chainrub on the tire in the small ring?

mtbr member
    Thanks,

So far I love the fork but I only have a few rides on it and am still getting it dialed in. Its much stiffer and smoother than the Talas it replaced. The maxle is great. The added height and travel really balance the frame out.

Chainrub has not been a problem with the Nev 2.3's, however the 4.1d is not the widest rim either. The clearance is a close but there is still a little room to grow. I have noticed that if the rim gets too out of true the tire rubs on the brake cable guide but thats about it.

rr
    I don't do PC
    Yeah, the brake hose routing is kinda strange with that upper guide on the inside of the tube, I don't even use the lower guide close to the caliper.

The Nev 2.3 will be my next rear tire, I'm running a 2.1 on my Burner and love the climbing traction. I bought a pair of the Fire Pro FR's which are 2.4's and the rear didn't workout cause the chain rubbed in the lowest gears, great front tire though.

I get to ride occasionally with a few Rockshox guys and they rave about the Pike, it looks like the ideal fork for our frames. Enjoy.
    Last edited by rr; 01-06-2006 at 11:18 AM.

mtbr member
    I've never tried the Fire Fr, but I used like the original Fire's. I'll try to take a picture of the tire clearance this weekend. It looks close, but never hits. I love the Nevgals. They are the first tire that I have not been ready to try something new after riding them for a year.

Rockshox got it right with the Pike. The CNC'd nobs for '06 is an improvement that puts them in a higher class.

I've got a Stiffee
    Quote Originally Posted by Enduro SX
    Here is a few pics of my medium Fly. Ive pretty much finished building it, just a chain device to sort out. I was going to go for an MRP LRP but have now decided to go for an E13 DRS.
    That's a killer looking Fly, I wouldn't change a thing......beautiful bike!

Dat mah bike, punk!
    that thing is insane.
    every thread needs an uploaded image of one kind or another.

Broken and dizzy
    My '04 Fly (and no, the seat post has never hit the swing link - left some length as I do quite a bit of climbing on it)

And the bonus action shot
    Last edited by Surfinguru; 01-07-2006 at 11:41 AM.

mtbr member
    Not the best pic of the tire (2.35 Nevgal) clearance, but you can see its pretty close. This is with the chain in the granny ring and the 34T cog. The clearance is maybe a few millimeters. I've never noticed the chain hitting the tire, but there is not much margin for error.

Broken and dizzy
    Running the same rear tire with no issues either.

Just found out yesterday that I actually bent the rear tab on the frame where the derailuer hanger bolts on. Fock me! It's not huge, but damn, no wonder I've been having drivetrain issues.....

rr
    I don't do PC
    Thx string, looks like the same amount with the fat albert 2.35 I have on there now. Also looks like some dry dusty dirt on your bike, in Houston??

My dad says it's been the dryest winter he can remember down there.

mtbr member
    The weather's been a little crazy down here. It feels more like Southern California is supposed to feel. Dry with low temps in the 50's and highs in the 70's. Instead its raining in California and nice and mild here. Maybe everybody will want to move to Houston now for the weather. I guess both the local trails will get crowded.

We had one day of very heavy rain the week before Christmas that flooded some of the lower trails and took out a water crossing or two, but since then no rain.

high school loser
    mmm oh man, sure is purty,i need to get some updated pics of mine up, new bars and stem, mrp all bacl system3 guide and the ti spring finally came thank to foes. love the bike so much, couldnt be happier with it. heres some recent little goof off pics from a couple days ago when it was raining up in the mountain and all we could ride was my little DH course in my back yard, no seroius pics yet, been to busy riding it and building to take pics!

and dont worry, 20 foot drops on this thing will be the norm once our spot dries out, ill make sure to get some pics of what this bike can really do...

mtbr member
    Nice pics. Is that your girlfriend?

high school loser
    Quote Originally Posted by kanter
    Nice pics. Is that your girlfriend?
    haha yes, that would be my girl alright...

high school loser
    ok ok, got some proper pics of this beast , the other just dont do it justice...got her all cleaned up yesterday after some hard riden......so here we go...

Last edited by nobody242424; 01-18-2006 at 08:52 PM.

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast