Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

lets see your foes!!

296K views 526 replies 168 participants last post by  Jayem 
#1 ·
ya its prolly been done plenty time before, but its always cool and there hasnt been any recent ones, so ya, post up pics of your foes! i just bought a 05 silver foes fly, with all the goodies, floating brake, ti spring, hadley hubs, 66rc. i havent gone to pick it up yet since i cant drive, so im basicly going insane hear waiting for it. so lets see some pics and as soon as i get mine im gonna be postin up pis too... :D

#152 ·
nobody242424 said:
mmm oh man, sure is purty,i need to get some updated pics of mine up, new bars and stem, mrp all bacl system3 guide and the ti spring finally came thank to foes. love the bike so much, couldnt be happier with it. heres some recent little goof off pics from a couple days ago when it was raining up in the mountain and all we could ride was my little DH course in my back yard, no seroius pics yet, been to busy riding it and building to take pics!

and dont worry, 20 foot drops on this thing will be the norm once our spot dries out, ill make sure to get some pics of what this bike can really do...
1. Helmet
2. Sports Bra

:thumbsup:

#162 ·
Italian style FXR! :thumbsup:

Bella Marti...but you know!!
:cool:

marticarving said:
My new FXR...IMHO gorgeous and pretty light (14.7kg - 32.8lbs as shown).

Setup:

36 Talas RC2 150 fork
Thomson elite X4 70mm stem
Ritchey Rizer pro handlebar
Crossmax xl wheelset + Kenda Nevegal 2.35 and Hutchinson Spider 2.35
Full Shimano XT (crankset 22-36 with Dark Cycles bash).
Hayes El Camino 200-160mm
PDM 747 pedals

#163 ·
My 06 FXR....I too am axiously awaiting the FXR Air MBeer....can't wait to try it matched to the Wotan. :thumbsup: Bike weighs about 34lbs with the Magura. If the Air Fly comes in even close to this....I'm on it.

Attachments

#164 ·
my 07 fly weights 35.2lbs/16 kilo on the nose and that's a durable AM build. that's with 2.5 nevegals so it could be close to 34 with some 2.35s, and a few tweeks. honestly though, while it's light and pretty cool to be able to pedal an 8/9 inch bike all day and bomb down everything, the long wheelbase and tall bb are compromises vs. a real 6/6 trail bike that would be much more nimble and exciting to ride even if it's the same weight.

the same build on my rig with a DH wheelset and tires is 39lbs and is pretty bomber. i'm leaning towards a 2 bike setup though as i'm getting sick of swapping wheelsets once or twice a week depending on if its a DH day or not. i'm convinced it's mostly the "grass is always greener" syndrome however.

#165 ·
I hear ya GratiFly....my buddy and I were discussing the same thing. It's not just the weight, it's the geometry as well. The slack head angle and long wheel base make it not as nimble and do compromise the climbing ability. But oh going down....isn't that what it's all about? :p

In my quiver I have a HT, 4" XC Sled and my 6" FXR and each has it's own character. Like you I'm thinking an 8" 35-36lb Really Big Hit rig would be nice to have around to compliment the FXR.

So many toys, so many trails.....when do I retire damn it!!! :D

#166 ·
06 FXR in Oz

Large 06 FXR down under.....i love this bike so far. The perfect compromise between light and strong. Comes in at 30.1 Lbs......

Anyone else getting the Curnutt 'clunk'? I've been told and read it's normal for the shock to make a dull clunk on the rebound stroke. Doesn't seem to effect the suspension and is not noticeable once up to speed on the trail. Could be due for a rebuild anyway......

#167 ·
Piker said:
Anyone else getting the Curnutt 'clunk'? I've been told and read it's normal for the shock to make a dull clunk on the rebound stroke.
Nice ride Piker...The Silver is Sexier, but the Black ones are Faster. :thumbsup:

I had the Curnutt Clunk on the Ti XTD that I had on my previous FXR. The new one I got after the other one was stolen I had them just put on a Steel ITD cause I knew I would go Air when it became available. Interesting thing is the ITD doesn't seem to clunk, so I would assume it is the valving they have for the Bottoming control. Nothing to worry about. It is normal if not a little disconcerting at first. :eek:

#168 ·
Dropin's Dream

Well, finally got the Air Curnutt and got it on...it's truely a dream bike now. Can't say enough about the Magic that Charlie has woven into the newest incarnation of Curnutt Technology... Here's the gorey details"

Me: 6'0", 175lbs, 34" inseam and 35" sleave length.
Frame: Large Black 2006 FXR
Fork: Black Magura Wotan with Remote Compression & Travel Adjust
Running 70PSI in the Fork
Shock: Air Curnutt (Running 70PSI Platform Pressure and 80PSI Spring Pressure. Two full turns off of the stop (total 4.5 turns) on the XTD)
Headset: Chris King
Handle Bar: FSA K-Force XC Oversized. 630mm wide (~24")
Grips: Spec. BG Comfort II (Cut down to fit Grip Shifts)
Stem: Thomson Elite X4 Oversized Black, 120mm, 5 degree rise
Seatpost: Thompson Elite
Saddle: Specialized Body Geometry, Medium, Ti Rail
Crankset: Shimano XTR
Chain: SRAM PC99 hollow pin
Cassette: 06 SRAM P990
Tires: Continental, Vertical UST with Stan's sealant
Rims: Mavic XM819
Hubs: Chris King
Shifters: SRAM X.0
Brakes: Hope M4, 200mm front, 160mm rear
Rear derailluer: Sram X.0
Front Derailleur: Shimano XTR 965
Pedals: Time Z-Control
Weight: 32.12 pounds

Attachments

Reactions: Bonnie&Clyde
#171 ·
Wow Badger....that is one mighty fine looking ride you have there. Is it really Candy Apple Red or is it just the camera. Man, a Candy Apple Red XCT....doens't get much nicer looking that that. :thumbsup:

#176 ·
fly 07

This is my foes FLY 07!!

some specs:
- Foes FLY 07 small with floating brake bar
- Curnutt XTD shock with Ti spring
- marzocchi 66 RC 2005 170mm fork
- wheels: atomlab aircorp hubs, Dt black spokes and mavic 721 rims (green spank subrosa where very nice but I smashed the rear at the second ride... they're great for photos but not for riding...)
- formula K18 disc brakes
- XT crank
- Xt shifter short cage
- funn handbar
- stem atomlab aircorp
- DMR saddle
- maxxis minion
- e-13 drs & e-13 bashguard (not in photo)
- 24 butterfly pedals ( crankbrothers mallet M still to be tested..)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.