Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

lets see your foes!!

296K views 526 replies 168 participants last post by  Jayem 
#1 ·
ya its prolly been done plenty time before, but its always cool and there hasnt been any recent ones, so ya, post up pics of your foes! i just bought a 05 silver foes fly, with all the goodies, floating brake, ti spring, hadley hubs, 66rc. i havent gone to pick it up yet since i cant drive, so im basicly going insane hear waiting for it. so lets see some pics and as soon as i get mine im gonna be postin up pis too... :D

#2 ·
guess everyones shy about postin pics, huh, well ok i got my bike so ill go first, here she is! they didnt have my weight on the ti springs so when they get edm in theyll send one to me...

Attachments

#7 ·
kanter said:
Ahhhh an 05. Im waiting on an 06. The 06 is suppose to be a little different. It has some gussets and is 1" shorter. What size is yours and how tall are you?
im riden the small and am 5'5'' or 5'6''. i woulda waited for the 06 model if i was payin full, but i got this for just over 2000 bucks so grabed it and love it. i called about when i might get my ti spring, cause i payed for it, and they said they lost their supplier and it might be a few months before they get a new supplier. so im stuck with the ugly red one for awhile. but so far i absolutly love the bike. took me awhile to get the rear shock tuned but now that i have it dialed its awsome, bike floats and corners like a dream, super stiff also and realy has a bottemless feel. just need to get my chainguide on there and some hozfelor bars and stem and itll be perfection. cant wait to huck this baby off some cliffs...

#9 ·
FXR Pics

Been waiting on a few parts to post my FXR.

Here are a couple pics from the back yard.

Some of the build highlights:
Frame: Medium '04 FXR
Fork: 2006 Pike 454 Air Uturn
Brakes: Avid Juicy 7. 8" rotor front, 7" rotor rear, Goodridge hose, & Danger Boy levers
Front Wheel - Hope bulb hub, Dt 5.1D rim
Reer Wheel - Hadley Hub w/ 10mm axle and DT 4.1D rim
Tires - Kenda Nevgal 2.5 (f) and 2.35 (r)
Drivetrain - X0 RD, Xt FD, X-9 Shifters, Atlas Cranks and Heim chain guide with MRP LRP Roller

Build weight is around 34 lbs.

Attachments

#12 ·
Thanks,

So far I love the fork but I only have a few rides on it and am still getting it dialed in. Its much stiffer and smoother than the Talas it replaced. The maxle is great. The added height and travel really balance the frame out.

Chainrub has not been a problem with the Nev 2.3's, however the 4.1d is not the widest rim either. The clearance is a close but there is still a little room to grow. I have noticed that if the rim gets too out of true the tire rubs on the brake cable guide but thats about it.

#13 · (Edited)
Yeah, the brake hose routing is kinda strange with that upper guide on the inside of the tube, I don't even use the lower guide close to the caliper.

The Nev 2.3 will be my next rear tire, I'm running a 2.1 on my Burner and love the climbing traction. I bought a pair of the Fire Pro FR's which are 2.4's and the rear didn't workout cause the chain rubbed in the lowest gears, great front tire though.

I get to ride occasionally with a few Rockshox guys and they rave about the Pike, it looks like the ideal fork for our frames. Enjoy.

#14 ·
I've never tried the Fire Fr, but I used like the original Fire's. I'll try to take a picture of the tire clearance this weekend. It looks close, but never hits. I love the Nevgals. They are the first tire that I have not been ready to try something new after riding them for a year.

Rockshox got it right with the Pike. The CNC'd nobs for '06 is an improvement that puts them in a higher class.

#21 ·
The weather's been a little crazy down here. It feels more like Southern California is supposed to feel. Dry with low temps in the 50's and highs in the 70's. Instead its raining in California and nice and mild here. Maybe everybody will want to move to Houston now for the weather. I guess both the local trails will get crowded.

We had one day of very heavy rain the week before Christmas that flooded some of the lower trails and took out a water crossing or two, but since then no rain.

#22 ·
Enduro SX said:
Here is a few pics of my medium Fly. Ive pretty much finished building it, just a chain device to sort out. I was going to go for an MRP LRP but have now decided to go for an E13 DRS.
mmm oh man, sure is purty,i need to get some updated pics of mine up, new bars and stem, mrp all bacl system3 guide and the ti spring finally came thank to foes. love the bike so much, couldnt be happier with it. heres some recent little goof off pics from a couple days ago when it was raining up in the mountain and all we could ride was my little DH course in my back yard, no seroius pics yet, been to busy riding it and building to take pics!

and dont worry, 20 foot drops on this thing will be the norm once our spot dries out, ill make sure to get some pics of what this bike can really do...

#25 · (Edited)
ok ok, got some proper pics of this beast :) , the other just dont do it justice...got her all cleaned up yesterday after some hard riden......so here we go...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.