mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Weasel

My old Foes, sniff !

I sold it $1500 ! ! !

Good old companion .
    Attached Images Attached Images

high school loser
    mm im diggen that bike with the touches of red, very nice...
    [SIZE=5]member of the ZombiEKilleRSquadron[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]"we kill zombies dead"[/SIZE]

98% of all teens do drugs or have tried them, if you are in the 98% range, copy and paste this in to your signature

mtbr member
    Throw a Ti spring on your Fly and you will lose about a pound!!!! The Curnutt steel spring is super heavy.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ThoughtfulPirate
    My Fly.

Riding pics.

Love the flip flops and full face.
    -----------------------
    The world's only compatible bike builder
    [SIZE=3]wrenchscience[/SIZE]

Dat mah bike, punk!
    Quote Originally Posted by kiri

these foes' are absolutely SICK SICK
    every thread needs an uploaded image of one kind or another.

mtbr member

Foes Fly with new 150mm Rear Dee Max

This is my Fly with its new Mavic Dee Max wheelset. The rear is the new 150mm Dee Max

mtbr member
    Sweeeeeet. What does it weigh?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kanter
    Sweeeeeet. What does it weigh?
    Last time I had it weighed it was 43 1/2 lbs, that was with my DT Rims, might be slightly more with the Dee Max.

mtbr member
    I weighed mine yesterday at exactly 43 1/2 lbs, too.

high school loser
    oh my gosh, lovin the build on that thang, nice
    [SIZE=5]member of the ZombiEKilleRSquadron[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]"we kill zombies dead"[/SIZE]

98% of all teens do drugs or have tried them, if you are in the 98% range, copy and paste this in to your signature

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Here's my baby...

Unfortunatly, I had to modify her a little upon my arrival in Barcelona. I use her for everything now... Commuting, shopping, beach rides, trails, hucking, urban, etc. Hence, the Big Apples and 3 rings. But I keep the knobby's in the closet for the weekends we head down Tibidabo!!

mtbr member
    Did you polish it or buy it that way?

2003 or 2004?

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Originally it was red...

But I had it stripped and polished. It's a '02.5, but still kickin!!
    ************************************************** ********************************************
    Check out the Barcelona Bike show link, scheduled for April 7th, 8th, and 9th!!

www.bikeshowbcn.com

mtbr member
    Looks like an 03. The 2003 was the first year when the floater pivoted at the axle. The 02.5 floater pivoted on the frame a inch above the axle. Looks sweeeeet no matter the year.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Thanks my friend...

She was built in late 02... But you're right, she's an 03 model. I just try to maintain a little humility...(smile)

mtbr member
    Good for resale that its a 03. Im just a FLY junkie and know almost every change they made every few months.

How hard is it to polish and how much did it cost ya?
    Last edited by kntr; 03-14-2006 at 07:36 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    My 2003 FXR...I had (have) it for sale but I think I'm going to hold onto her for another season Just love this bike too much! Thinking I'll swap out forks, maybe try a Pike or AM1...the 20mm axle would be a nice upgrade. And maybe get a ti spring for it just to freshen things up...

Last edited by Summit; 05-16-2006 at 12:24 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Smile fork & Ti spring

I had an 03 zoke z1 FR just like yours before switching to a 05 manitou firefly Ti. The manitou wasn't plush in the begining - more sticky than plush. After about 10 rides it started to loosen up and soked up everything. SPV evolve works great under pedal power and is great complement to rear curnutt shock. The manitou doesn't raise the head angle because the drop outs are placed higher. The Ti rear spring for curnutt is a must have - there is a big difference between the two. All I can say is just -buy it- you'll see when it's installed. If you're interested on Ti spring weights - write back and I'll lead you towards the right direction.

-foesguy

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by FoesGuy
    I had an 03 zoke z1 FR just like yours before switching to a 05 manitou firefly Ti. The manitou wasn't plush in the begining - more sticky than plush. After about 10 rides it started to loosen up and soked up everything. SPV evolve works great under pedal power and is great complement to rear curnutt shock. The manitou doesn't raise the head angle because the drop outs are placed higher. The Ti rear spring for curnutt is a must have - there is a big difference between the two. All I can say is just -buy it- you'll see when it's installed. If you're interested on Ti spring weights - write back and I'll lead you towards the right direction.

-foesguy
    the ti spring shouldn't change the way it rides, correct? just overall bike weight?

mtbr member
    I think they just feel different too. Smoother. Maybe its just placebo.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    If I remembered correctly, the steel spring weighed in at 13.8 oz. and the Ti weighed in at around 6 oz. about 1/2 lb. off. I had scale sitting there so i weighed it. I also got one spring weight lighter just to see what would happen. The ride felt more plush because of the reduced spring weight - to compensate for lighter wieght I added more air (80-90psi) just under the 100psi limit. Ride was plush with no bob and soaked all the little bumps. Preloaded the spring with 2-3 turns....I am a happy guy.

~foesguy

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

03 fxr

~ here she is..woundn't trade her for anythang!....maybe for the 06....maybe

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    nice FG! I'm gonna have to try the ti spring for sure. I've got a set of 2.35 high rollers too...does that rear one fit OK on yours? I've been running WTB's but I'm gonna throw on the Maxxis for some more DH-style duty next week I think .

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

rear tire..

My rear 2.35 Maxxis fit snug, probably nothing else bigger. I have Maxxis Minions super tacky for the front - that's been working awesome. You won't regret the Ti spring - I use my old steel spring as a pencil holder

~foesguy

rr
    I don't do PC
    Nice bike FoesGuy, I really like the blood red color, mine's red too . Your pic shows off the color well.

I have an '04 and the reality is I can't run a tire any bigger than a 2.35 either, a larger tire would fit but you would have to run a single chainring setup cause the chain will rub on a tire larger than a 2.35 while in the granny due to the 68mm shell. I guess there are ways around the problem if you don't mind sacrificing chainline but for me the drivetrain works so well that I prefer going with a 2.35, plus thats big enough anyways for me.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast