Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
    wannabe
    Jun 2012
    Hey All, I'm a newbie here who's been riding around on an old Foes LTS-18 for the past decade+. It's a beautiful ride, and kind of a strange set up (enduro with Aerospoke wheels), but still somewhat of an exotic... in an old-school sort of way. Hmm... trying to post a pic of my ride, but the system says I'm too much of a newbie to load a picture or include a link... guess I'll repost when I'm a little more 'seasoned'. (I threw the pic in my 'gallery' for now)

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Just finished Foes Hydro.
    Mostly Loaded Precision and SRAM components.
    This thing is just looking too awesome for words...

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Does it ride better than the old FOES Mono 2:1 ... I tested it last weekend on a DH Track and was shocked how worse the FOES fork worked and the rear suspension was working well, but the bike sounds like a coke tin. I was happy to ride my Tollwut Stonedigger with fox40 later again.

Dirt Rag Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearbox Rider View Post
    Does it ride better than the old FOES Mono 2:1 ... I tested it last weekend on a DH Track and was shocked how worse the FOES fork worked and the rear suspension was working well, but the bike sounds like a coke tin. I was happy to ride my Tollwut Stonedigger with fox40 later again.
    Unlike a Foes, that (expensive looking) Tollwut Stonedigger is going to break somewhere around all those little cut-out machined bits. I can't tell you when, but it's gonna go el snappo at some stage, I promise you. That kind of inherent design flaw comes from a lack of practical experience. Foes has led the way in from mtb design, manufacture, and fabrication techniques over the last 20 years. Compare the robust, and generally overbuilt (phat) design of a Foes, any and all of them, to the aenemic and skeletal design of the Tollwut Stonedigger, there's simply no comparison dude.
    Last edited by m0ngy; 06-11-2012 at 01:29 AM.
    "You go up the hill, you go down the hill."

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ngy View Post
    Unlike a Foes, that (expensive looking) Tollwut Stonedigger is going to break somewhere around all those little cut-out machined bits. I can't tell you when, but it's gonna go el snappo at some stage, I promise you. That kind of inherent design flaw comes from a lack of practical experience. Foes has led the way in from mtb design, manufacture, and fabrication techniques over the last 20 years. Compare the robust, and generally overbuilt (phat) design of a Foes, any and all of them, to the aenemic and skeletal design of the Tollwut Stonedigger, there's simply no comparison dude.

I am sure they did that way. But that Curnutt Fork didn't work. I had to open the valve because it started to get really hard, then I checked that the rebound and the compression were totally screwed open. The fork was not fast enough on the track and it was still to much rebound, to slow. I lost speed in very rough parts of the track. The rear Damper was working because it was tuned by Balfa but the linkage was worn out or the damper had a jump between pull and push. Anyway the chain jumped of with a chain guard and the bike sounded like a tin. The rear suspension was far enough, you allways know there is more... but it didn't really stick to the ground. The tollwut has minimized the rearwheel weight and it is free from drivetrain or braking influences. The rear is faster working than any other bike, because usuall rearwheels have a bigger inertia.

I am sorry to tell you that you will be wrong. The Stonedigga was developed by an ex. Dual and DH Racer who is today chief constructing engineer of a mechanical engineering company in Germany. The welder of that bike used to weld for a big Bike company back in the days and build by his own like 2001 the Tollwut Ladyshapa with which bike Jens Böttner won 2004 the german DH series. The tollwut has double diagonal grooving bearings ( I don't know if you call it like this in in english). There is no friction in the rear performance.

I used to race DH and I am my self engineer at a german sportcar manufactor, studied at one of the most famous tech. universities and allready got a lot experience in chassis dynamics and as a testdriver. I am over the 30s now, so you see, not another semi-literate rich kid. It is nice, that you deleted that scentence, that your level of arguments has been very low by itself. Please try to keep the level high in the web.

I hope you will find the the chance to compare the bikes once.
    Than you will know, that these are bikes in the same prize category, but one is a chassis of the past and one is of the future. And don't forget the gearbox and the low center of gravity.

Trouser Malfunction
    This Tollwut looks to be a unique whip. It does appear to need alot of adjustment time though. I don't knock your bike Gearbox Rider, it's just these frames with tube-configurations outside of rigid-frame design (two triangles) never react in a predictable way. Inception is my guess. Me -- I like my bikes to be able to gobble up all the gnar and baby-heads that come our way but I also need to have Hardtail-feel to the bike. Some think it's only under the pedals.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Haint View Post
    This Tollwut looks to be a unique whip. It does appear to need alot of adjustment time though. I don't knock your bike Gearbox Rider, it's just these frames with tube-configurations outside of rigid-frame design (two triangles) never react in a predictable way. Inception is my guess. Me -- I like my bikes to be able to gobble up all the gnar and baby-heads that come our way but I also need to have Hardtail-feel to the bike. Some think it's only under the pedals.
    Thats what you think, but in reality I didn't have to adjust anythink since nearly 2 years, I am riding the Evo3. The single thing was fasten the Race Face Bottom Bracket once and after a hard crash to unscrew the fox40 and fasten it again. the fork once got new sealings. that was it. the was just cleaned and a little oil on the chain and suspension. It is still in mode after buying it. and ist has seen Morzine and several bike parks.

I never had so less work with a bike than with this one. The reason is, you have no more problems with the chains and the shifting like usual bikes. it is all very compact. So it rides dirty like clean, because everything is sealed. How can tell this of his bike, maybe Zerode riders can do. But I am sure no one else. Because Zerode and Tollwut are the only gearbox bikes under 20 kg that function.

mtbr member
    my FOES
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lets see your foes!!-img_1296.jpg  

lets see your foes!!-img_1799.jpg  

lets see your foes!!-img_2564.jpg  

lets see your foes!!-img_1864.jpg  

lets see your foes!!-img_1866.jpg  

supported and powered by cycleworks.ch

alias chicken

My Foes

My FXR and Hydro!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lets see your foes!!-foto-2.jpg  

lets see your foes!!-foto-10.jpg  

lets see your foes!!-foto-16.jpg  

Last edited by matt45; 07-02-2012 at 12:10 AM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by matt45 View Post
    My FXR and Hydro!
    Love your FXR! Thanks for posting, I've been searching pictures of FXRs for different color combinations of forks and rims to black frames..I have a gray fork (yuck) right now and white rims. I was thinking of either white or black fork and not sure to keep my white rims or get black ones.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Here's my FXR!

mtbr member
    me and my girls....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lets see your foes!!-img_1196.jpg  

lets see your foes!!-img_1198.jpg  

mtbr member
    FOES meets FOES Switzerland
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lets see your foes!!-img_1079.jpg  

lets see your foes!!-img_1096.jpg  

lets see your foes!!-img_1105.jpg  

lets see your foes!!-img_1129.jpg  

lets see your foes!!-img_1215.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Da kannst mir ja wirklich eins abgeben !

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by RoterBlitz View Post
    me and my girls....
    I hate you.. can I have the black one?

mtbr member
    Champery (Mossette) Portes du Soleil, about 7382 feet above sealevel......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lets see your foes!!-img_2023.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Foes Shaver 29

My fresh new Shaver 29, ready to devour... anything.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    What an awesome gathering!
    When do I book a flight for the next Switzerland Foesfest?

mtbr member

Nice

Now weigh it and post it here so I can dream until I can order one!
    Quote Originally Posted by Riderofbikes View Post
    My fresh new Shaver 29, ready to devour... anything.

Dirt Rag Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by RoterBlitz View Post
    Champery (Mossette) Portes du Soleil, about 7382 feet above sealevel......
    Wow... how long does it take to get to the bottom of the mountain?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ngy View Post
    Wow... how long does it take to get to the bottom of the mountain?
    about 45 - 60 min, you can go down the former swisscup dh track and then switch to the cup du monde down to Champery...

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Here's another custom Hydro just finished last night.

The idea was to match this Rat Rod look.

With the Foes custom powder coat options, it came out great.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Oh my god...what did you do with this bike ?!

Registered text offender
    Dec 2011

The idea was to match this

I like it: the rock-a-billy hucker or somethin er other. Put a bike rack on that ol'e split window coupe and you'll fetch all the looks.

Dirt Rag Extraordinaire

The idea was to match this Rat Rod look.

Yeah, that looks rad. My straight edge mate thoroughly approves.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast