Thread: Kraus Motor

mtbr member

Kraus Motor

Curnutts aren't just found on mountain bikes. Curnutt shocks got their start on motorcycles in the very beginning. It was the partnership between Charlie Curnutt and Brent Foes that allowed Curnutt suspension technology to be applied to mountain bikes. Kraus Motor Co. worked closely with Foes to apply Curnutt suspension technology to their motorcycles. The results speak for themselves.

Tell us what you think.
    Check us out at FoesRacing.com
    Or,
    Follow us on FaceBook!

Crazed Country Rebel
    Quote Originally Posted by info@foesracing
    Curnutts aren't just found on mountain bikes. Curnutt shocks got their start on motorcycles in the very beginning. It was the partnership between Charlie Curnutt and Brent Foes that allowed Curnutt suspension technology to be applied to mountain bikes. Kraus Motor Co. worked closely with Foes to apply Curnutt suspension technology to their motorcycles. The results speak for themselves.

Tell us what you think.
    That is badass.

Almost as badass as my XL FXR front triangle with 1.5" headtube and angleset. How's it coming??
    Stupid, but sometimes witty. Occasionally brilliant. Slow and fat though.

Specialized sucks dong

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    That is one sick looking ride!!! and your right as I used to get curnutts for my honda xr 75 30 years ago from the old man curnutt in 29 palms.

mtbr member
    Very cool looking bike. The shocks are integrated thoughtfully onto the bike, they really tie the whole thing together. It that the first application of air shocks on a motorcycle?

mtbr member
    This isn't the first time an air shock has been used on a motorcycle, but this is the first time we have worked to apply an XTD Air to one.

I <3, your FXR should be ready for heat treat by next week!
    Check us out at FoesRacing.com
    Or,
    Follow us on FaceBook!

Dirt Rag Extraordinaire
    Man, that bike is really something else. I love it.

The exposed engine incorporated into the rounded, tubular design gives it a modern, minimalist (lean), and mechanical look, yet it simultaneously succeeds in being organic, sexy, and brutish, with the engine looking huge (not disproportionately so) and the phat tires. It's very American, in the same way you can spot a Harley or a Buell (or a Foes for that matter ), but totally individual, a characteristic not lost on most bike riders. Seems like a hybrid between something like the 1942 Harley-Davidson XA US Army bike and the extravagant custom bikes you see in the movies from the late 60's and early 70's, sort of a futuristic Easy Rider. The ultra minimalism is almost insect like, you could do one in black and yellow and call it 'The Bumble Bee', not that the naked chromoly tubes and chrome tank don't look sick. Interesting how the rear sprocket actually doubles as the rear disc, pretty cool design feature.

I've wanted an Iron 883 with Vance & Hines exhaust (all black) for a while now but I'd rather that beast any day. You see a few Harley Sportsters getting around, you'll never see another one of these in Australia. Probably cost two or three times the Harley, but that kind of exclusivity doesn't come cheap. Actually, looking at the individual, hand-made nature of the Kraus 'factory', I shudder to think of the expense.

Very cool, real head turner... how much?
    Last edited by m0ngy; 12-13-2010 at 01:09 AM.
    "You go up the hill, you go down the hill."

banned
    Mar 2010
    Simply Bad A$$!