mtbr member
    Oct 2009

info needed on foes 04' fxr front deraileur

heyy noob here ,...i just picked up a 04' foes fxr,...and wanted to know what kind of front derailleur you guys have on your's??
    the fxr had a ( mega 9 ) 34.9mm top swing/bottom pull,.....foes fxr manual calls for a bottom swing/ bottom pull,...any suggestions as to what would be a good choice,...i just want to make sure i get the right one as $$ is kinda tight and i dont want to buy the wrong kind ,....preferably XT,...but open to whatever will work well.
    the fxr also has the sram cassette and chain.
    thanks in advance
    mtndude
    Last edited by mtndude; 10-09-2009 at 03:35 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    looks like so far the shimano XTR m961 wont do since it has a Chain Stay Angle 66-69 ,...and the foes fxr has a seat angle of 65 deg.
    the XT m773 seems like a better choice since it has a 63-66 degree chainstay/seat-tube angles looks to be a better match.

mtbr member
    HI im useing a shimano DEORE on my FXR.I took my shock off fiirst to make shore it was ok.works a treet PS enyone intrested in a titanium spring for the foes fxr currentt shock.its a 300 weight.selling bcuse i have a new 400 weight for my weight

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by super_duper
    HI im useing a shimano DEORE on my FXR.I took my shock off fiirst to make shore it was ok.works a treet PS enyone intrested in a titanium spring for the foes fxr currentt shock.its a 300 weight.selling bcuse i have a new 400 weight for my weight
    thanks for the response super duper,....i was looking to get an shimano m 961 front derailleur but (and i dont know if it's critical ,.....) but the m961 is compatible with a 66-69 degree chainstay,.....and the 03'/04' foes fxr has a 65 degree chainstay angle,....i wonder if that 1 degree of difference would hinder the performance of the shifting??
    if so the m773 would be one of the only options since it supports the chainstay angles and is bottom swing,.....
    some of the top swing f/d ive seen are compatible ,...but i want to stick with what the manual says the fxr should have ,...

regarding the ti spring ,...i dont need one, but thanks for the heads up ,....i have a fox vanilla rl and just put a 600lb steel spring in it (directly from fox),....i weigh around 210 lbs with all my essentials with the 5" travel on the bike ,......