mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Help needed soon if you can..

Hi folks, finally made it home to see my newley delivered fly 2007, things is i'm trying to set the shock up, there seems to be too much sag,anyone know what pressures the ITD shock should be running at or what the recommended sag is, I cant fibd tech manuals online anywhere or see a spring rate on it...the joys of buying of ebay. Its a Ti spring bur doesnt have the rate on it. this prob doesnt make much sense but just spent 3 weeks on an oil rig and my heads fooked. Basically the guy i bought it of said it was set up for a 11.5 stone rider, i'm nearer 12.5. It's got 75psi in it just now. running around 40% sag.

mtbr member
    hi, i guess you should pre-load the spring instead of setting the pressure in order to adjust the sag!
    PS the rate of my curnutt's Ti-spring is hand-written in the border of the spring and it is almost completely covered by the rest of the shock... try to remove the spring and watch the border

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    yeah got it..hand written too, its 300. seems very light for a 12.5 stone rider, think i'm gonna need higher spring.. damn.

mtbr member
    I am 13 stone and I ride very well with a 400 lb spring...
    get an harder one, man