mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Help, I Need Some Foes Buying Advice!!!

Okay I am on vacation with the wife and we are walking around dowtown and stumble across a LBS. I beg her to let me go in and she says no at first but gives in.

So I walk in and notice the Foes sticker on the door(good sign). I say hi to the nice young lady behind the counter and start looking around the shop. Hanging up amongst the carbon road frames and SC Tallboys I notice a shiny red Foes XCT with a Air Curnutt. I asked the saleslady if it's a medium and she says yes(oh brother). I put up my force field to not burn to a pile of smitherreens from my wife's evil glare. Dare I ask, how much?

Saleslady calls her hubby and he says its a 2009 I can have it for 1275.00. Whoa I wasn't expecting that. I tell her I will get back to her.

We go outside and I show the wife the retail price on my phone to try and convince her that it is a good deal. After much sucking up she agrees. So what do Y'all think. I already have a Tracer 29er, Tracer VP and Tallboy. I always wanted a Foes XCT-5 Curnutt Air but had trouble justicefying the price. I have all the parts to build it so that won't be a problem. Is there a big difference between 2009 and 2011? Any advice would be helpfull.

mtbr member

Doooooooiiiiiiit!!!!!!!!!!!

I have had 3 Foes (still have 2 of them) and I think I might have pulled the trigger on that to get something a bit snappier than my Fly or FXR.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbernard71
    Okay I am on vacation with the wife and we are walking around dowtown and stumble across a LBS. I beg her to let me go in and she says no at first but gives in.

So I walk in and notice the Foes sticker on the door(good sign). I say hi to the nice young lady behind the counter and start looking around the shop. Hanging up amongst the carbon road frames and SC Tallboys I notice a shiny red Foes XCT with a Air Curnutt. I asked the saleslady if it's a medium and she says yes(oh brother). I put up my force field to not burn to a pile of smitherreens from my wife's evil glare. Dare I ask, how much?

Saleslady calls her hubby and he says its a 2009 I can have it for 1275.00. Whoa I wasn't expecting that. I tell her I will get back to her.

We go outside and I show the wife the retail price on my phone to try and convince her that it is a good deal. After much sucking up she agrees. So what do Y'all think. I already have a Tracer 29er, Tracer VP and Tallboy. I always wanted a Foes XCT-5 Curnutt Air but had trouble justicefying the price. I have all the parts to build it so that won't be a problem. Is there a big difference between 2009 and 2011? Any advice would be helpfull.