mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Fxr 2.1 dhx size shock?? Swap my ti curnutt for your dhx?

To put a dhx rc4 on an fxr 2.1 what i2i and stroke do I need? I know I need the adapter as well going from curnutt. I can't seem to find a definitive answer.

I've got a ti (300lbs) curnutt xtd on my fxr I would swap for your dhx and adapter. It needs a service. I know the dhx inside out so want to get back to that shock (coil obviously!)

mtbr member
    see this thread....

Project DHX

He went back to the Curnutt Air shock eventually though.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I had the chance to really push he Curntt properly today. I think i may have been hasty thinking a dhx would suit me better. The curnutt on the trail is a totally different beast to the car park test! The sticktion all but disappears and on decent drops and high speed stuff it's so controlled. Railing stuff where the dhx would have been wallowing in its stroke or skipping the curnutt just get on with the job of keeping the back wheel planted. I've not even messed with any air chamber or bottom out settings yet and the sag isnt right as the spring is too hard. When the shock is dialled I think it will leave the dhx in the shade! I'm going to get it serviced regardless and set up for my weIght and riding but even as it is now......its good!

Crazed Country Rebel
    Quote Originally Posted by allmountain76
    To put a dhx rc4 on an fxr 2.1 what i2i and stroke do I need? I know I need the adapter as well going from curnutt. I can't seem to find a definitive answer.

I've got a ti (300lbs) curnutt xtd on my fxr I would swap for your dhx and adapter. It needs a service. I know the dhx inside out so want to get back to that shock (coil obviously!)
    Let me know. I've the Dhx' and adaptor at home.
    Stupid, but sometimes witty. Occasionally brilliant. Slow and fat though.

Specialized sucks dong

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Just out of interest, what year dhx is it that you have to swap?

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    @iheartcycles - still interested in the dhx curnutt swap??

Crazed Country Rebel
    Quote Originally Posted by allmountain76
    @iheartcycles - still interested in the dhx curnutt swap??
    Sure. I don't know what year the shock is. Do you know how to tell the difference?
    Stupid, but sometimes witty. Occasionally brilliant. Slow and fat though.

Specialized sucks dong

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    @iheartcycles you can only really tell by the decals. Have you got any pics you could mail? I'm at allmountain76@googlemail.com . What weight spring is on the shock?