mtbr member
    May 2006

Foes XCT5 for 6'4"?

Hi!

I'm looking for some advice - I'm based in the Bay Area and looking for a new trailbike. I'm 210lbs and 6'4". I want this bike to be capable of all day riding (5hr+) but without having to hold back too much on the descents. The main thing I love in a bike is stiffness - it makes the handling responsive. My other bike is a Sinister Ridge hardtail which is the stiffest bike - box section chainstays, big tubes and a plate reinforced head tube.

So with that in mind, would you recommend a Foes? Had anyone got a large I could take a spin on? Would a large fit me? To be honest I reckon I need a 25" top tube and the other dimensions (wheelbase is short meaning front centre will also be short) aren't promising...

Advice please!

mtbr member
    May 2007
    If you ever get up to Victoria, BC let me know and you can take my large XCT-4 out for a spin...its setup for my 6'3" height. I love the stiffness of the XCT and the Curnutt AIR is amazing. I've done a few all day rides on it, but most of my rides are in the 2-3 hour range which vary from steep climbs and descents to some road portions and the Foes works awesome on every part. In fact I'm so comfortable on the Foes I put some Kenda K-Rads on it and went bike camping this last weekend (40km out and back on road), and left the road bike at home

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Thanks for the reply. Victoria rocks, Tofino rocks, infact if I could live in BC I would be well happy....

I think I will need to start a campaign for XL Foes. Those dimensions are the same as my Sinister, which is a bit on the short side for long rides..

Track Junkie
    I'd be interested in what you find in the Bay Area. I'm also in the Bay Area and would like to try one too. I'm 6'2" and would like to try a large or xl.
    I get paid to ride shotgun.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I gave up and bought a Cannondale Rize instead.