mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Fly baby Fly!!!!

well took the plunge and just bought this 2007 fly of ebay, on its way too me now, I cant wait, do mostly aggressive trail/DH in Scotland.

Fox 40's
    Race face diablos cranks,stem,chainring,bars
    sram X0
    Formula 1 brakes
    floating brake upgrade
    chrisking headset

cant wait to blast downhill on this, never ridden a foes before, will this handle ok with the fox 40s or is that overkill

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWN:IT&ih=009

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I have an 06 fly with 888 works fork and I love it. Pedal it around on the flats and pay a little on the climbs, but let it fly going down. I wanted to try the fox. Let me know how it is when you get it. You should love the bike.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    just another quick question, i've just been told that foes sets the bike up from new depending on the riders weight, i'm 1/2 stone heavier than than what the bike is set up for, do I jst need a heavier spring rate/more air, can anyone tell me, surel it is just a heavier spring? will half a stone really make a difference?/ thanks folks

mtbr member
    The Frame is going on ebay today.

I rode a 2007 Fly last year and I really loved it.

I am a Foes dealer in Canada, and you are right about the shock being set for rider weight. I would try the Compression and air adjustments before ordering a new spring. Alot will depend on how smooth you ride, terrain etc etc. The XTD is a much more adjustable shock for sure. Chect to see what shock you have, if you haven't already.

Foes bikes a designed to go fast. Don't expect to be able to pre-load like other frames. It's a fast stuck to the trail bike. Not saying you can't jump either.

I am selling my frame size small. It hardly got used, since I broke my leg last season.

If anyone on this forum is interested let me know.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RIDE709-Com; 03-07-2008 at 06:23 AM.

mtbr member
    I love the orange. Looks sort of like my old bike.

mtbr member
    I remember seeing that pic this time last year when I was waiting for my frame.

Did you order a custom color from Foes?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDE709-Com
    I remember seeing that pic this time last year when I was waiting for my frame.

Did you order a custom color from Foes?
    Mine was a custom order before they did custom colors. Mine was actually the same orange that Intense uses. Its different than the orange they do now.

alias chicken
    still another orange fly. :-)

I bought this Bike last autumn of gratiflying in Vancouver.Now it is the only orage Fly in Switzerland! With small changes I would like to reduce the weight to 16 kg.
    Attached Images Attached Images