mtbr member
    Oct 2010

Curnutt Air Damper and XTD-Fork

since I'm a proud owner of a 2011 Mono (Coil-Curnutt) I'm often return to the Foes-Racing Website to see the latest changes in the line up...
    Since the Hydro is on the market, there is a clear shift away from the Mono -not a big suprise on that.

Having visited the page again today, I saw, that the piggyback on the airdamper now is no longer postioned on the floating brake -any hints why? (price/weight/performance).

Speaking of price... Is Foes selling out the XTD Fork or why did the price drop to below 2'000$?

cheers andi

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    since I'm a proud owner of a 2011 Mono (Coil-Curnutt) I'm often return to the Foes-Racing Website to see the latest changes in the line up...
    Since the Hydro is on the market, there is a clear shift away from the Mono -not a big suprise on that.
    Lucky one! Not so much on 2010-11 Mono Foes in these days.
    Having visited the page again today, I saw, that the piggyback on the airdamper now is no longer postioned on the floating brake -any hints why? (price/weight/performance).]
    On a short clip Brent said that it was better to get air close of the shock for better performance. Looks better too. Don't know the price but asked by a lletter one month ago.

Price drop on fork is nice. This one didn't change for years & still the BEST. Maybe a matter of market since 8 pounds are 2 pounds more than the others. Make XTD with TI stanchions will be perfect.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    @missfoesquebec:
    You should become an official spokesperson of Foes :-)

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Let me tell you this real story:
    I was at the 2009 Masters DH Champs in Pra-Loup in France.
    One guy said: ''Putain quelle machine a gaz!" Translation: ''What a ****ing gas machin!''.
    I replied: ''Maybe but I will win that Over 40+ Champs!''
    I was the best one over 40+ but UCI just changed their rule before the race. They split all the female racers in 2 cat: 30-34 and 35+! So the only 3 ladies between 35-39 finished in the 3 first post. What a shame! I was so angry and the ladies made a petition.
    Now i'M back for another steps in 2011.
    Objective: Racing my 5th World Cups at Mont-Sainte-Anne in July. But without any UCI points at this time the step is huge.I need at least 20 points. Planning to racin' in Switzerland end of April then Mont-Tremblant for valauable UCI points. After that we'll see a come back for Foes bikes in WC!
    So I'm kind of a revival Foes on International Races.
    Forget about fashion bikes ant let put it simple: Foes still rule maybe with extra pounds but we don't care!