Thread: 650b?

mtbr member

650b?

has anyone here tried a 650b wheel in the rear end of their FXR or XCT-5 yet?

will either of these bikes fit the wheel shown below? Brent, anyone?

dankeshane,

tk
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Keeping the 650B forum hater free ever since 2008!

mtbr member

looks possible on my 07 FXR

at least as far as the chainstay yoke is concerned; I don't know if you would need to reduce the travel to avoid having the tire hit the seat tube. The dimensions you give are identicle to my 26" wheels with 2.3-2.4 tires mounted so it should be fine.
    I have an old Turner 6 Pack prototype with HUUGE tire clearence that would work very well in that application if I were so inclined, but with your dimensions being the same as my 26" wheels with 2.4 tires I wouldn't spend the money.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by slowrider
    at least as far as the chainstay yoke is concerned; I don't know if you would need to reduce the travel to avoid having the tire hit the seat tube. The dimensions you give are identicle to my 26" wheels with 2.3-2.4 tires mounted so it should be fine.
    I have an old Turner 6 Pack prototype with HUUGE tire clearence that would work very well in that application if I were so inclined, but with your dimensions being the same as my 26" wheels with 2.4 tires I wouldn't spend the money.
    thanks mate. the troll killer already has the wheels mounted on his heckler, but wants to try a foes. tk is not interested in convincing anyone to try the wheel size, but he's hooked on 650b wheels for good.

they are a huge improvement over his 26 inch wheels and tyres. for people who ask "why bother" its kind of like "plus one" sizing in high performance auto wheels and tyres.

bonzer,

tk
    Keeping the 650B forum hater free ever since 2008!