Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2013 fxr

alias chicken
    1. "Frame and shock Weight : 6.9 lb (S size/fox)"
    2. "Foes progressive linkage System"

Watch on Foes Racing USA - Handmade Full Suspension Bicycle Frames

mtbr member
    I haven't seen any new FXR frames but I can tell you that the stated weight on the foes website is a bit low, the Shaver 29 weighed 7.5 lbs at the LBS while Foes claims 6.8 or 9

Crazed Country Rebel
    Quote Originally Posted by slowrider View Post
    I haven't seen any new FXR frames but I can tell you that the stated weight on the foes website is a bit low, the Shaver 29 weighed 7.5 lbs at the LBS while Foes claims 6.8 or 9
    Yah, that's why I didnt link to the Foes video. Foes arent very light.

But with a good build, you should be able to hit 32#'s on that new FXR.
    Stupid, but sometimes witty. Occasionally brilliant. Slow and fat though.

Specialized sucks dong

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles View Post

No there aren't but then gain they'll run over anything. My Shaver is just a hair under 31.5Lbs, but love crushing others with lighter bikes to the top.....
    Quote Originally Posted by k1creeker View Post
    "yeah, she's fat, but you'd take her for a ride."

mtbr member
    Or close to it. my 07 FXR got under 30 lbs but that was a straight up 6" bike. My Tracer 29 has a 7.5 lb frame and it's built to 30.6 lbs without resorting to stupid light parts; although the components for a 7" FXR would likely push the weight up a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles View Post

mtbr member
    Here is my new FXR in candy black over raw.
    It wasn't a lightweight build given the Marz 66's, Hammerschmidt, and azonic outlaws. The Tires and tubes are stupid heavy too but those are being swapped out for something a little lighter. In its current configuration it weighs in at over 38 pounds.

2013 fxr-11194_10100442605237656_1335034241_n.jpg2013 fxr-526632_10100442605272586_2047766940_n.jpg2013 fxr-img_0818.jpg2013 fxr-img_0819.jpg2013 fxr-img_0808.jpg

the fat kid
    man that is sexy... i instantly see RS7, not fxr when i look at it... new generation i guess
    I ride faster than I should.

mtbr member
    That candy black is awesome. That looks like a sweet ride!
    my B+W landscape photos ....www.f45.com

Dirt Rag Extraordinaire

... and if we just ...

Quote Originally Posted by MotoDane250 View Post
    Here is my new FXR in candy black over raw.
    It wasn't a lightweight build given the Marz 66's, Hammerschmidt, and azonic outlaws. The Tires and tubes are stupid heavy too but those are being swapped out for something a little lighter. In its current configuration it weighs in at over 38 pounds.
    Very nice bike. I still love my '06 5" FXR 2:1, it's a trail beast.

Just a little suggestion on your build...

Have you ever tried carbon bars? I recently built-up a VP-Free; always had single pivot duallies (Heckler, Bullit, FXR 2:1), wanted to try VPP, and it hasn't disappointed, plush as f$%k, climbs like a demon (Roco TST Air). I pretty much went all-out, with dual chainring Saint cranks (I have to earn my DH), M785 XT brakes, X0 drivetrain, Chris King bling, etc, but the most remarkable component, in that I really noticed a difference, was the Eastern Haven carbon bars (with 70mm Haven stem). Wow, they just filter out any chatter, and I never notice they flex at all. I know carbon's not for everyone, but I'm now a true believer, swear by it.

I also have 24/36 chainrings, and it's perfect for a 10 speed (11-34t) cassette, though because of the VP-Free's weird 73/150 spacing I can't get every gear in either chainring. I've tried to compensate for it with a 83mm crankset and spacers, but it just ain't happening. Not a big issue though, I can still get into every gear required.

I think I see Avid Codes, yeah? Good choice on the 4-pots, I'm umming and harring about getting some Zee 4-pots myself, can't really justify the added expense of Saint.

Nice choice on the 66's, they're the ultimate trail forks, imo. Fox are shite, they're for poseurs. Note mtbr.com pushes Fox like a dildo up your rectum, and they're paid handsomely for it, a fact not everyone is aware of, I'm sure. I've got '11 66 Evo Ti's on the VP-Free, awesome forks. Have '08 55 ETA on the FXR and use ETA every ride, but strangely I don't miss it on the VP-Free, which is perhaps testament to what a great all-rounder it is. That's not to detract from the agricultural simplicity of the single pivot design, or the Foes team obvious genius, I just wanted to try something different.

Good you didn't go for the dropper post. I've investigated them extensively, and they're just not reliable enough at this stage to warrant the expense.

I was also in a quandary about whether to go coil or air, always had coil/oil previously. My bike mechanic suggested air for it's tunability and new-found durability. I'm old school, air cans just didn't cut it 10 years ago, but he explained the new generation air shocks were high volume and low maintenance; a lot of air doing minimal amount of work, and he was absolutely right. Man, the Roco TST Air is a great shock, I love it, it's everything a good shock should be, ie. virtually invisible. Of course, the CCDB Air is a big step up from the Roco, it's the ultimate, but I mean, I paid US$220 for my Roco, which is like 1/3 the price of a CCDB Air.

Anyway, I'm sure you'll love your '13 FXR, what a sex-c beast, good times!!

By the way, you go night riding? It's farken awesome man! In Australia it's too hot to go riding in the day during summer, so I've recently taken to night riding. Love it, it's a mad buzz, though watch out for the boogy man when you're deep in the woods alone, I swear he's watching me... Check out the Xeccon Spiker 1207 as a bar mounted flood light, and Xeccon S12 (I think there's an S14 model out now) long throw spot light for your helmet. Both these lights incorporate the latest Cree XML U2 LED technology; throw out a beautiful, super bright, pure white light, have a 1.5+ hour run time at full beam (twice that at half strength, while climbing), and are cheap as fark. Just one caveat; although the overall build quality of the Xeccon lights is excellent, the stock mounting hardware of the 1207 is a bit dodgy (jitters vertically), but is easily fixed by wrapping a 10mm donut of inner tube around the light + mount (prevents shaking). Hey, both these lights cost half as much as one bar or helmet mounted light from most other distributors, and they work brilliantly.
    Last edited by m0ngy; 03-05-2013 at 09:26 AM.
    "You go up the hill, you go down the hill."

alias chicken

My 2013 FXR

13.80 kg (28.66 lb) with Pedals!

Frame size m, inkl. Vivid Air 3'718 gramm (8.18 lb)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013 fxr-imag0413.jpg  

MRV
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    32.5 lbs

2013 fxr-cimg1281.jpg2013 fxr-cimg1276.jpg2013 fxr-cimg1278.jpg2013 fxr-cimg1279.jpg2013 fxr-cimg1280.jpg

mtbr member
    Is anyone on here with a 2013 FXR running a Cane Creek DBair? If so, are you running any volume reducing rings in the air chamber? I am finding that I bottom often through g-outs and medium sized drops and jumps unless I have the hsc set pretty firm. I am curious if making the shock more progressive by reducing the volume will allow me to soften up the hsc enough to make it ride a little less harsh in the chop at the bike parks? Thanks.

Pic from Big Bear
    2013 fxr-bb-jump.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2