Thread: 2011 Fxr

Crazed Country Rebel

2011 Fxr

Here's my 2011 FXR. I am using an Angleset on it to slack out the front end by 1 degree. it is more stable and even more fun that stock.

The bike climbs fantastic and decends even better.

Stupid, but sometimes witty. Occasionally brilliant. Slow and fat though.

Specialized sucks dong

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Sick frame !!!

Is the headtube full 1.5 ?

Crazed Country Rebel
    Quote Originally Posted by DrF035
    Sick frame !!!

Is the headtube full 1.5 ?
    yes. 1.5 with angleset

Specialized sucks dong

mtbr member
    He forgot to mention that it was custom made in an XL size along with a full 1.5 HT...

Nice pics by the way!

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    FXR looks like the best choice for freeriding and softer DH trail. 6 inches of travel and lighter bike than a mono DHS.
    Is it possible to put a full bashguard front to avoid chain outside of front gear?
    The purpose will be DH racin' like Magavalanche Alpe d'Huez and very long downhill trail like in the Alps.

Crazed Country Rebel
    Quote Originally Posted by missfoesquebec
    FXR looks like the best choice for freeriding and softer DH trail. 6 inches of travel and lighter bike than a mono DHS.
    Is it possible to put a full bashguard front to avoid chain outside of front gear?
    The purpose will be DH racin' like Magavalanche Alpe d'Huez and very long downhill trail like in the Alps.
    the 2011 FXR comes with a removable ISCG mount and mine also has the floating brake mount.

With the anglset you can really slacken out the headtube and make the bike super stable. I slackened mine out by 1 degree and it really makes the bike more stable. I can only imagine what the 1.5 degree would do!

Really digging my bike.

BTW - this is what the raw finish looks like when you take steel wool to it!

Specialized sucks dong

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

about, what, 6 months ago?

you were over on the Ventana site putting Sherwood Gibson down for sticking w/ his lame suspension system, & now, here you are on a true single pivot just raving about it
    breezy shade

Crazed Country Rebel
    Quote Originally Posted by nhodge
    you were over on the Ventana site putting Sherwood Gibson down for sticking w/ his lame suspension system, & now, here you are on a true single pivot just raving about it
    Sherwood hasn't updated his suspension design in over 10 years. It has the worst squat and pedal bob (these are two different things) of any suspension bike I know of.

I currently own a Ventana and have owned several. It took a while for me to discern the issue with Ventana's, but once I did it was like a lightbulb going off.

It is unforgiveable how bad ventana suspension is, given how easy it would be to fix.

Witness the single pivot Foes, TNT turners and many others that don't suffer the characteristics Ventana does.

It's clear you don't know squat, since you are equating all single pivots. Pivot placement makes a huge difference. Live & learn, troll!

Specialized sucks dong

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    [QUOTE

It's clear you don't know squat, since you are equating all single pivots. Pivot placement makes a huge difference. Live & learn, troll![/QUOTE]

no doubt. true single pivots/rockerstay pivots, they're all the same. pivot placement actually makes a difference? really? oh well, you learn something new everyday

thanks for the enlightenment
    breezy shade

banned
    Mar 2010
    gorgeous!

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Entertaining.
    Show must go on!
    Some other suspension design look like frog legs. Isn't?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Thats lovely, top spec too, very similar to mine. I hope you enjoy it, i have just got back from
    a weeks riding in molini in italy with riviera bikes, and the bike was faultless.