mtbr member
    Mar 2007

2009 FXR Vs 2007 FXR ????

Hi

I currently have the 2007 FXR with ti-coil Curnutt XTD shock.

I'm thinking about upgrading to a 2009 model with air shock. Is there really any noticeable difference between the two, apart from the extra 0.5 inch travel?

I think I know the answer really and am struggling to justify the expense of the 2009 model.... just that it looks soooo much sleeker than the 2007 ...

thanks!

mtbr member

Nice bike

The 09 with an air shock will be over 1 lb lighter and more adjustable.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Is it really that much of a difference between air and TI-coil?

Margot at Foes tells me that the 2009 FXR with Air shock is 7lbs 10oz in Large.

My old frame with steel spring was 8lb 120z but as I say I've put the Ti-coil on now which is supposed to save about a pound ish, I think!

Older & Faster...downhill
    Aug 2008
    Get the air. The adjustability is worth the price of admission. My last FXR had the ti coil which was great, but the Curnutt air just flat kicks butt (after 300 miles of break-in).

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Hmm interesting stuff... best get working on the finances.... Foes (and all "boutiquey" bikes) are very expensvive here in the UK :-(

(looking at about 2400 for 2010 FXR... what's that about $3900 ! )

mtbr member

foes fxr

hi thair.i have had many fullsus bikes over the years.coil n air.i think coil is much better.the foes 07 fxr is the best by far.save your money dude.TOP TIP if its not broken leave it alone.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    hmm, I just don't know now!

mtbr member

foes fxr

if it has tits or wheels your bound to have problems lol.the problem with air shocks i think is you can set it all up nice and bouncy and plush do a drop it bottoms out.So you put more air in to stop it bottoming out yeh.then you end up with a stiff ride great for XC ridein but the air shock will feel lifeless rubish on small bumps.stick with the one you have.remember rambow first bood yeh well the made a second one and killed it.makeing sence now lol. ride free

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    fair enough! I think I'm going to stick with the 2007 for a bit at least and see how I go..

mtbr member

foes fxr

good good! I have a titainum spring for sale its a 350.fits the foes currnutt .enyone intrested

Dirt Rag Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by super_duper
    if it has tits or wheels your bound to have problems lol... stick with the one you have.remember rambow first bood yeh well the made a second one and killed it.makeing sence now lol. ride free
    Tits or wheels... LAWL!! It's funny 'cause it's true. And yeah, First Blood was an excellent, original film, whereas the movie Rambo (aka First Blood Pt. 2) was a just another crappy 80's shoot 'em up. Remember, "I'm your worst nightmare", or, " Just let it go", or, "They drew first blood" Man, who said Stallone couldn't act, just look at Rocky.

You really think the new FXR looks much better than the '07? No way man. The older FXR 2:1 is a beast, more like the classic Foes of old, such as the Weasel.

Dude, how much you want for your 350lbs Ti spring?
    "You go up the hill, you go down the hill."

mtbr member
    D DDD DDD DDD!!! D eye of the tiger man lol.no pain no pain!!.brill fillms or wot..... Now heres the problem remember when you wer young and you would ride eny bike yeah who cared it got you from a to b.Now riders r so fussy.my 07 foes does whot it needs to. Keep it simple and your pockets will jingle lol..... Sorry dude ive sold the spring.But if you need a new on BALFA UK sells them 220 yeah 220 nuts or wot but they will part ex if your old on is ok they allso service the currnutt .ride free ride !peddle peddle!!!