mtbr member
    Mar 2007

2007 FXR Real frame weights?!

Help!

I'm on the brink of selling my 2007 FXR as it just feels to damn heavy for all-day riding (bike comes in at 34.5lb with Wotan fork, XT and hope / DT5.1 wheels).

Before I do this I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the weight is of a LARGE 2007 FXR with Ti-coil Curnutt XTD (300lb Ti spring)???

If it turns out to be not too bad then I may stick with it and concentrate on trying to lose weight from other areas...

How much do the 2009 AIR Curnutt FXR frames weigh in Large (without 150mm rear end or brake arm?)

I love my Foes but the weight really is becoming a drag on longer rides.... what sort of weights have people got their FXR's down to (and I mean real weights with pedals included!) ???

thanks

Crazed Country Rebel
    Quote Originally Posted by danchapman
    Help!

I'm on the brink of selling my 2007 FXR as it just feels to damn heavy for all-day riding (bike comes in at 34.5lb with Wotan fork, XT and hope / DT5.1 wheels).

Before I do this I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the weight is of a LARGE 2007 FXR with Ti-coil Curnutt XTD (300lb Ti spring)???

If it turns out to be not too bad then I may stick with it and concentrate on trying to lose weight from other areas...

How much do the 2009 AIR Curnutt FXR frames weigh in Large (without 150mm rear end or brake arm?)

I love my Foes but the weight really is becoming a drag on longer rides.... what sort of weights have people got their FXR's down to (and I mean real weights with pedals included!) ???

thanks
    Just over 8 pounds. The Wotan is heavy. You'd save a pound going with a float 36.
    Stupid, but sometimes witty. Occasionally brilliant. Slow and fat though.

Specialized sucks dong

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    over 8lbs even with the Ti coil?!

I've looked into changing the fork and a 36 float will save 3/4 lb but it's still going to be a hefty beast :-(

mtbr member
    I have a XCT-5 w/ Ti coil shock and the frame is just over 8lbs too. The bike's built with pretty burly components for AM and weighs in @ 31lbs. I could probably get it down to 28lbs if I really wanted to but I don't. I don't see any reason why you couldn't get your bike down to @ the same weight as mine.

mtbr member
    You already asked this exact same question not three months ago and got an answer. I still see it on the Foes page:

FXR 2009 frame weight with Air Curnutt???

Couldn't you have expanded on that thread?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    um but in that thread I wanted to know the weight of the 2009 with air shock.

I'm now trying to find an accurate weight for my 2007!

. . . And besides, does it really matter?! :-)

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    sgill32 - interesting that your xct weighs 8lbs - that makes me think that my fxr will be more than that as there's supposed to be around a pound difference between them I think . . .

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Hi Dan, my 2007 Large with Curnutt air is just over 8lbs.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    thanks jonswhite - don't suppose you happen to know how much extra it is for the coil Curnutt with Ti spring? ?