Thread: 1997 Foes LTS

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

1997 Foes LTS

Friends,

I posted this on another branch of the forum and was told there was a specific forum for Foes lovers.
    So, here I am!!
    I wondered if many people on here have a Foes LTS large frame bike?
    Here is a picture of mine. It is a 1997 with a downhiller fork.
    The frame is like NOS and appears to have hardly been ridden.
    I also wondered why these seem to be rarely seen? Does anyone know how many of the large frame LTS bikes were made? Thanks Stephen

Last edited by Gorg75; 11-26-2010 at 09:13 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    so nice!
    I remember the LTS with this characteristic hole in the frame from my earlier downhill races!
    This bike was a bomb! If I recall correctly the Foes LTS and the Sintessi Bazooka have been those bikes often used by other teams with replaced decals :-) -at least in Switzerland...
    Would be interesting to see how this bike performs with a up 2 date fork and brakes...

FKA Malibu412
    My brother-in-law still rides his medium '96 Weasel with a very similar rear swing arm and fork as your LTS. The fork is holding up and working well and his late '90s disc brakes that replaced the original hydraulic rim brakes still stop it pretty effectively. Replacement pads are available. His only recent newer upgrades are a 2008 Fox air shock and Nevs. He rides it mostly xc and am. Great bike that seems pretty much bullet proof.
    Everything that kills me, makes me feel alive

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I guess I was curious as to find out info on the bike to prepare to sell this baby.
    I like the bike very much, but I have been wanting a guitar for several months so maybe this can help fund it. Thanks everyone for looking and commenting. Stephen

Dirt Rag Extraordinaire
    Always liked the look of the tubular Weasel compared to the LTS, just a personal preference.
    "You go up the hill, you go down the hill."