mtbr member
    Sep 2017

New guy from Huntsville, AL

New guy here! Had a massive heart attack back in June. Died 3 times and was revived. Picked up a Giant Stance to stay in shape because I cant stand running on a tread mill. Boring. So I have always wanted a well put together MB so i bought one yesterday. Take care all.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by dmcmahan; 09-13-2017 at 08:10 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Glad to have you here, I'm down the road in Montgomery. post up some pics of your Bike.

mtbr member
    Huntsville, waay up north, you're practically a yankee! Welcome aboard and go easy to start.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Welcome Huntsville, I lived there for many years before moving to Colorado. I'm with you on the treadmill - those would kill me out of shear boredom. Tell us more about your heart attack and what lead up to it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBaldBlur View Post
    Welcome Huntsville, I lived there for many years before moving to Colorado. I'm with you on the treadmill - those would kill me out of shear boredom. Tell us more about your heart attack and what lead up to it.

Well it was a Wednesday morning June the 13th and i was not feeling good. I don't remember much so bare with me. My co workers said i kept saying i felt like I had to burp but could not get it out and I also kept saying i was hot.

They called our safety guy , so he came down and checked my blood pressure which was high so he suggested I call my wife so i could go to the hospital. As i was sitting in his office i collapsed and they started CPR and AED until the ambulance got there. Which they had to jump start me 2 more times until they put a stint in my LAD arterie next to my left ventricle.

The put me in a drug induced coma for 13 days until they woke me up and i asked what had happened. My wife said you had a major heart attack!!! They big man upstairs and prayers truly let me still here and I am so thankful!!!

mtbr member
    Yeah that will get your attention for sure! Mine was Melanoma that they thought had metastasized. Scary. The big man wasn't done with me either! Now I ride/lead a group ridding at church. All good.

God Bless and heal well!
    2013 Cannondale F29 1 Alloy
    2013 Cervelo S5 Rival
    2012 Trek X01 crosser
    2017 Trek Farley 7
    2017Trek Domane SLR 6

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Keep us posted on how you are doing with the riding and your health? Was just in Huntsville on tdy at redstone arsenal. There is some good riding in Huntsville.

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    Doing great just not riding enough. The Land Trust is hardcore riding but the top of Monte Sano is good but it is $5.00 every time to get into the park. Thanks for asking.

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    Well me and a another member that i met on here rode the North Loop Sunday on Monte Sano mountain. What a blast it was!!! fun little 7 mile loop will enjoy it and do it again. Thanks Paul!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dmcmahan View Post
    Well it was a Wednesday morning June the 13th and i was not feeling good. I don't remember much so bare with me. My co workers said i kept saying i felt like I had to burp but could not get it out and I also kept saying i was hot.

They called our safety guy , so he came down and checked my blood pressure which was high so he suggested I call my wife so i could go to the hospital. As i was sitting in his office i collapsed and they started CPR and AED until the ambulance got there. Which they had to jump start me 2 more times until they put a stint in my LAD arterie next to my left ventricle.

The put me in a drug induced coma for 13 days until they woke me up and i asked what had happened. My wife said you had a major heart attack!!! They big man upstairs and prayers truly let me still here and I am so thankful!!!
    Thanks for sharing. Any pre-existing conditions, etc? Just curious.
    Stick around if you're housebroken...

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    Being border line high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes had a major part in it. And 50 years of eating fried food probably did not help either.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dmcmahan View Post
    Being border line high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes had a major part in it. And 50 years of eating fried food probably did not help either.
    I spent some time in the south and man! Buttery fried everything.

Everything starts with Crisco and goes further downhill from there.

Hell one time I ordered green beans and they were slathered in butter!!!