mtbr member
    Oct 2010

X-City? I'm a newb...please help!

Hey guys, I don't run tough trails, jumps, etc. I'm looking to haul my kid around, occasional commute to work (6 miles each way), light trails (fire roads, packed dirt or grass) and the X-City caught my eye. I found one on Craigslist for $300 and it looks like an awesome bike. I know it's not a hardcore mtb but what about quality and why is there limited info on the internet?

I know a 700x38 is narrower than a 29er tire but won't it have the same benefits?

Like I said...I'm new to bikes (grown-up bikes ).

Thanks

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Not really a mtn bike. It's a hybrid...think road size with mtn geometry. Great for the bike path, commuting and hauling kiddos, I wouldn't recommend fire roads or trail. Could you do it? yes...but I just would say enjoy it for what it's for.

I just sold one on saturday, great bike. If I could have one for a commuter, I would totally rock one.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Thanks Kyle. Yeah, that's exactly what I saw once I looked over the bike. Cool bike just not what I was looking for. I ended up with a Specialized Rock Hopper...it's perfect for what I need.

Thanks for the response.