mtbr member
    Aug 2005

Virtue: Which shock position gives 120mm vs. 130mm rear travel?

Hi, I've been scouring the web with no luck on this question. I emailed Felt, but they're probably away on holiday.

Anybody know which shock bolt position gives 120mm vs. 130mm rear travel on the Virtue frameset? I've got a 2012 if it makes a difference.

Sorry if it's been covered here already -- no luck finding it with the search function if so.

Thanks for any help!!

Kaj
    mtbr member
    The position closer to the pivot will move the shock less. hence it will allow the rear wheel to move more for the same amount of shock travel. That's the longer travel position. The one further from the pivot moves the shock more, so the bike gets less travel.
    Helping folks shred in Boulder & Colorado since 1982 www.fullcyclebikes.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaj View Post
    The position closer to the pivot will move the shock less. hence it will allow the rear wheel to move more for the same amount of shock travel. That's the longer travel position. The one further from the pivot moves the shock more, so the bike gets less travel.
    To clarify, the position closer to the rear wheel would be the longer 130mm travel and closer to the front would 120mm travel?

Kaj
    mtbr member
    Correct

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Thanks! Assuming you set the shock with the same level of sag, does the bike ride any differently when set in either 130 or 120 mm travel? Does the bike's geometry change at all?

Kaj
    mtbr member
    A little bit of both, you need to try it and see if you like it. I think it's best in 130.