mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Virtue problem with pivot bolt.

Hi,

I Just got a new Felt Vrtue2 (2008), and so long it seems like a great bike.
    However, i got one problem with this bike and that one of the pivot bolts loosen all the time. Of course this bolt is located so i have to loosen the crank just to tighten the bolt.

Anyone with similar experience ? how did you fix it ?

I wonder if i should use locktight, but I'm afraid that i don't will be able to loosen the bolt again...

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Check the first review of the Virtue : http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/xc_full_...t_129250.shtml

He had the same problem and figured it out somehow. When I bought it used, one of the Pivot bolts totally came out and actually stripped the threads in the frame. Lucky for me it happened soon after I bought it and the guy sent it to Felt to have it fixed. I have had it back for almost a year now and no problems with the pivot bolts yet anyway! I am always checking them now though. Not sure about locking it in just in case you break the rear triangle or a part that needs to be replaced. The threads are actually in the frame for the pivots. Wish I could be more help. Good luck. I am loving my V2!

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I heard that the bolts on the first frames to go out were a little short, and that Felt began speccing longer bolts on the later assembly runs. I would guess these were the same frames that also had the narrow handlebars that some of the magazine reviews and inital owners complained of. I don't have any specific sources to back that up, but you might be able to contact Felt to see if that is the case. If so, they may be able to send you some longer bolts, or you could try the non permanent (blue, I believe) loctite. I got a very late season V3 in early winter last year, and haven't had any bolt issues yet.

Plays with tools
    use blue loctite without worry it is a medium strength retainer that will allow removal of said bottle when it is desired. also the bearings can be permanently damaged buy over tightening the bolts so use a torque wrench.