mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Stress Cracked... Anyone had this happen ?

2009 Compusion 1... 2 months of riding, about 200 miles. Washed it yesterday to discover this... Think its ok to continue to ride while they process the warranty claim ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stress Cracked... Anyone had this happen ?-photo2.jpg  

Stress Cracked... Anyone had this happen ?-photo1.jpg  

I <3 bikes
    just checked my '09 comp 3 and no signs of cracking. It has about 40hrs on it since I got it new this last May.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    No, but a friend of mine broke the idential frame at the seat tube lower weld (below that trapazoid with the two holes in it). Fortunately no injuries. I do have to handed it to Felt, they warrantied the frame and he was on the new frame (without the "z" seat tube) in exactly 5 days...amazing. Not many bike manufacturers if any act that quickly.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by RIfreeDE
    No, but a friend of mine broke the idential frame at the seat tube lower weld (below that trapazoid with the two holes in it). Fortunately no injuries. I do have to handed it to Felt, they warrantied the frame and he was on the new frame (without the "z" seat tube) in exactly 5 days...amazing. Not many bike manufacturers if any act that quickly.
    They make this frame w/ a straight seattube ? Or did he get a 2010 ?

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Any signs of that brace hitting the seat tube?
    Odd place for stress cracking...

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    No signs that it hit it... everyone keeps asking that but wouldn't one assume that I could bottom out the stock shock without the frame and rear end colliding ? It just doesn't make any sense to me that something like using the full range of factory suspension travel could actually damage the hardware.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    No I have taken the shock out of mine and that part that cracked does not bottom out on anything. Also that part is not really esential to the structural integrity of the frame. It just covers up the thru bolt and keeps the swing arm from flexing in.
    Ridin' fo' dayzz

Wheels - 11' Giant Anthem X1
    -08 Eastern Slash
    -08 Jamis Dragon