mtbr member
    Feb 2011

So I just bought my first Felt

So I decided to give mountain biking a try and I was looking at a couple entry level specialized bikes a few months back for around 359 brand new at my LBS I went with my gut and held off since I wassent sure about the cable disc brakes and the crappy shocks and plastic pedals. Months pass then a friend of a friend of mine offers his Felt Q620 to me for $500 bucks I decline he askes again for $475 I continue to decline. I ended up getting his Q620 Since I moved to Las Vegas I had no use for the boogie board....

the bikes really clean and seems to be in good condition. no scratches or anything... I did take it out today and came home with a flat tire
    Last edited by EvilMonkey; 01-17-2012 at 02:14 PM.

DFMBA.org
    That is a good deal, I think. Upload a pic when you can. Was the tire tubeless or tubed? For that matter, put a slime tire in it and keep going. Congrats.

Sent from my mountain bike while crashing
    Please donate to IMBA or your local IMBA chapter. It's trail karma.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Its a tubed tire. I just went out and got a regular tube. The flat was from a pinch so not much I could have done.I increased my PSI cause I think that was the reason. I was reading about the slime tubes and the reviews are not that great. so i just went with the whatever tubes. Im waiting 10 min right now to make sure no initial air leaks. and then im off to play.

Here is the pic

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Nice deal, enjoy. I have a Redemption 2 and a Compulsion 2 that I picked up used. No problem with that, it allows you to get your feet wet without dumping to much cash. I run standard tubes to help keep things light. I carry a tube and a patch kit but rarely need them.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    So went out again today with more air in the tires and success no flat!!!. Just gotta work on why my legs go to jello so fast going uphill and the seat hurts my @ss. not comfy at all lookin at a new seat or just a cover so it doesnt hurt so bad.

Going downhill is so much more fun then going uphill lol.

DFMBA.org
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
    So went out again today with more air in the tires and success no flat!!!. Just gotta work on why my legs go to jello so fast going uphill and the seat hurts my @ss. not comfy at all lookin at a new seat or just a cover so it doesnt hurt so bad.

Going downhill is so much more fun then going uphill lol.
    Great looking bike! Congrats.

Sent from my mountain bike while crashing
    Please donate to IMBA or your local IMBA chapter. It's trail karma.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    If you get a good pair of cycling shorts with the pad it will help out greatly and stay in position much better than a seat cover. Nice bike! i am hoping to soon purchase a Felt Nine Trail once I get to California.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Nice

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Nice, should be picking up my first Felt tomorrow a Felt Race Nine......

mtbr member
    I love Felt. Had a Felt road bike that was outstanding. All 105 components, carbon forks, smooth, light and fast. I wanted a Felt mountain bike, but I don't think they component offering is quite there yet. For the money, I was able to get more with another brand.........but, I will still be looking for a used Felt HT. If I got that deal you got, I would have jumped at it. Happy Trails!!!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Looks like a nice bike mate....Good choice and worth the wait if you ask me..

Glad to hear your riding punture free now as well lol.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Good looking bike. I just bought my first bike and it is a Felt Nine 80. I hope to start putting some miles on it this weekend.