mtbr member
    Jul 2009

SLX front derailleur on a Redemption

Is anyone running the double specific front derailleur on their Redemption? I just got a FD-M667 dual pull top swing and it does not look like it is going to clear the equilink, the offset of the clamp bolt is not going to let the FD be set high enough. Just wanted to see if anyone has the FD-M665 installed?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I can't help with your question, but is there a benifit to using a double specific front D.? Just curious as I have simply adjusted the existing frt. D. so that it doesn't go to where the big ring used to be.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Well I was able to get the m667 to fit but it did require some modifications to the clamp. The double specific has a couple of advantages, its got a smaller cage for better tire clearance, better looks (fits around the bash guard a little closer), and it is also supposed to help with droping the chain on the front rings.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Thanks for the info.. Post a couple of pics showing your modifcations and the fit if it's not too much trouble.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I will try to post some pics later, I am not sure I have got it set up 100% correctly as I am a rookie. I had to file the back side of the clamp and bolt as it interfered with the equilink bar when mounted high enough on the seat tube to clear the bash guard.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Pictures

sorry for the delay but here are some pictures so you can see what it looks like on the bike and just how close it is to the equilink bar.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SLX front derailleur on a Redemption-img_0943.jpg  

SLX front derailleur on a Redemption-img_0946.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I should also mention that I have got a 34 tooth chainring with a 36 tooh bash guard so the FD is as high as it should ever need to be.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Thanks for taking the time to post pics.. WOW! Talk about a close fit, it looks like something I would do.