mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Seems quiet in here

I have a 08 Felt Redemption 2. Love it but dont see much here or elsewhere online about the Felts and what people have and are doing with their Felts. Who's got what out there?

Warrior's Society
    Guess they are too busy riding thier bikes to post on message boards.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    This forum is always quiet. As I'm sure you know from my other post, I have the Virtue 2 and bent the equilink bar. I do love my bike though and can't wait to get it fixed. Seems like it was a freak incident. I did get to ride my neighbor's compulsion: http://www.feltracing.com/09-catalog...pulsion-1.aspx
    This bike felt AWESOME! I better not ride it anymore or I will no longer be happy with my Virtue. I did actually climb better on the Compulsion which has more travel and is heavier. Go figure!?

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Im waiting for my 08 redemption 2 to arrive!! I got a crazy deal on it. Cant wait!

Have you done anything to yours yet? make it lighter?

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Got mine for $1999. Love it. Haven't done anything yet. Have been dealing with family medical emergency the last few weeks so no time to mess with it. Given me alot of time to check around online though.

I have some great trails out the back gate of my house. Some hilly, some flat. Bike just seems to be able to handle all well. Wind the front down and climbs great with no lift and no rear bob. All in all just handles great. In my searching around time on here you really don't hear much of the Felts. But when you check out the specs great deal

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Your friends Compulsion is lighter than my Redemption. The Redemption is a bit heavy but even with all its travel climbs really well. I dont race so the weight I dont mind. Then again I really dont know any different.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Why did they quit the Redemption for 09?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I just picked up an 09 Felt Nine Solo. So far lovvvvvvvvvvving it, but really don't have enough time in the saddle yet to give it a thorough review!

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Really interested in the 29ers. Wouldn't mind a fork and wheel and trying a 69er
    Last edited by billyt; 04-28-2009 at 10:41 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I bought a RXC frame about 8 months ago to build up as a XC ride. I love it!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by billyt
    Why did they quit the Redemption for 09?
    That is a good question. You would think they would get rid of Virtue or compulsion as they are very close. They do offer it on the international site. Not sure why there only.

http://www.feltracing.com/09-catalog...-mountain.aspx

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Looks like you've been having some serious fun.

On your left!!!!!
    I just did a 100 miles in 9:15 at the cohutta on my 9 solo. It was a large ------- long day And the bike was great. I'm really starting to dig the 29er thing.
    I'm poor, broke,busted,disgusted and can't be trusted!

Every man belieives in something and I believe I'll have one more beer.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    The 09 Redemption is out in Europe and its unbelievable. They made some minor changes to the frame geometry, people are saying its a little better:

http://www.feltracing.com/09-catalog...ion-2-int.aspx

Im not sure why its not in the US for 09...Im happy I got my 08. My only complaint so far is the DHX air 3.0 seems too soft. Im still trying to find the right settings.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I agree the DHX 3.0 is a little soft. Not sure what to replace it with though.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

mtbr member

here's mine

08 redemption 2; stock..got a new wtb saddle coming.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Just picked up an 08 Virtue 2. Workin' on full XT- will post some pics soon. Must say, the Equilink rear is night and day coming from Spesh FSR. I'd honestly considered a HT after riding the FSR for the last year, until I rode the Virtue. "So this is what FS is all about" were my first thoughts.

Proud owner- wish there were more action on the Felt forum though!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Coop29
    Just picked up an 08 Virtue 2. Workin' on full XT- will post some pics soon. Must say, the Equilink rear is night and day coming from Spesh FSR. I'd honestly considered a HT after riding the FSR for the last year, until I rode the Virtue. "So this is what FS is all about" were my first thoughts.

Proud owner- wish there were more action on the Felt forum though!!
    Very slow in here but that's ok. Welcome to the felt equilink world! I love my virtue 2 too!

mtbr member
    Sep 2009

My 08 Virtue 2

Bought this around 8 months ago, and I am loving it! My previous bike was a 2005 Specialized Stumpjumper, which was a great bike but was getting on and I wanted something with more travel but similar weight. It climbs so well, and just eats up the singletrack. It goes downhill well too, but I think a shorter stem will help there to get my weight back. I don't think there is any thing stock left on it aside from the XT FD, RP2 and the Felt headset spacers - most recent upgrade is the 2010 RS Revelation 140mm (awesome fork!!). It has changed the geometry ever so sligtly but I like the extra 10mm up front. The next things to do are to get a shorter stem and a bling carbon seatpost.

One thing I'd like to say - I've looked through this forum for info about this bike and to be honest if I had read some of the stuff here beforehand I would not have bought it - I'm glad I did though!

I had couple of teething issues with the bike, but I put this down to poor assembly rather than design - one of the pivot bolts came loose while riding: not good. Since then it has been to a good bike shop - got loctite on all the pivot bolts and it rides beautifully.

Would love to see some more pics of Felt bikes - we should start a new 'Show us your Felt' thread